Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

how to wipe old Win 7 pc, clean install Win 10

This is a discussion on how to wipe old Win 7 pc, clean install Win 10 within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi, hoping to find guidance for this, maybe there is an old thread? Need to make sure all the current

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi, hoping to find guidance for this, maybe there is an old thread? Need to make sure all the current data is gone. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
Administrator
Manager, Microsoft Support
Acting Manager, Security
BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

If you want to wipe (format) your HDD so it is blank, format it with KillDisk -

https://www.sysnative.com/forums/har...-killdisk.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Old 07-17-2017, 04:31 AM   #3
Elite Commander

My System

Send a message via MSN to VividProfessional

you will also need to ensure you have the correct Windows boot DVD to enable you to restore and at a Minimum ensure you have your network card drivers available
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't restart/shut down
Setup: Win 7 home premium 64-bit laptop, i7 3610qm nvidia geforce gtx 660m When i try to restart or shut down via start menu nothing happens. If i then click on the taskbar explorer crashes, when restarted a new one opens but the old one is still visible on the screen though i cannot interact...
jakeed Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 35 04-09-2014 11:24 AM
Windows Update acting weird!
I don't think this is a problem, more of a curiosity, hence posting here. If it turns out that it is a problem, I'll get someone to move it to the appropriate forum. Got a notification earlier that new updates are available. As you will see from the pics, "4 important updates available" but only...
Deejay100six Offline 13 04-09-2014 09:19 AM
Can't remove ROOTKIT virus on Win7
Hello, remove them with that programm. I have Normally i use mac OS Snow Leopard, but I have also Win7. My mac started to be unusually slow and now I can't type or click. I ran Avast and he found infected files only on Win7. I tried to remove them, but i couldn't and I also couldn't move them...
Mimy_88 Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 06-27-2013 05:44 AM
I have script i don't want running on my site
I'm not sure if this is the right section but I need some advice and any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running a forum on forumotion and I use mozilla firefox and noscript. Recently I noticed Criteo script is running on my forum, this is not standard on forumotion do you have any idea...
Simpson Web Design & Development 6 07-07-2011 06:18 AM
Unbelievable SLOW install of Win XP Pro on very old laptop (12 hours and counting ...
hi, on my very old laptop that i kept for compatibility reasons (to be able to run some old dos progs and games and win3 to win ME stuff) i am just trying to install win xp pro. the laptop has a Pentium I 233MMX and 128 MB Ram. the notebook model is the Mitac 5026. now i know xp...
7stone Windows XP Support 5 04-09-2011 03:14 AM