Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

How To Add Places To Cortana In Windows 10

This is a discussion on How To Add Places To Cortana In Windows 10 within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Cortana is the new assistant that Micorsoft is packaging with Windows 10. You can activate Cortana with a voice command,

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
Cortana is the new assistant that Micorsoft is packaging with Windows 10. You can activate Cortana with a voice command, ‘ Hey Cortana‘, and among the many things you can do with it, you can also set a reminder. The reminders can be set so that they alert you at a specific time or place. Setting up a time-based reminder is easy enough but before you can set a place reminder with Cortana, you need to first add a place to it. Here’s how.

Open Cortana, click the hamburger icon and select places. This is where any and all places that you’ve added will appear. Click the Add button at the bottom and then enter the name of the place you want to add. Cortana relies on Bing maps so depending on how well, or in my case how poorly your area has been indexed and marked, you might have to enter the name of your city as well. It might also ask for permission to access your current location. Hit enter and wait for it to list search results.
How To Add Places To Cortana In Windows 10

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Area Connection, doesn't have a valid IP configuration
A little preface before I get into my problem. Last night my friend and I were looking to play a game together. After some research and so forth, we determined that Hamachi was the way to play. So we installed and began to play. Fast forward to this morning, and suddenly my ethernet cable no longer...
TTunnell Networking Support 26 05-22-2014 12:04 AM
Repost Per: CatByte Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem
Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD problem Hello, I hope I'm at the right area for help. This pc I'm on was infected with Trojan:dos/alureon.e and SmartHDD. I was able to get to the net somehow and I installed and ran Malwarebytes and got rid of SmartHDD. Then I ran Windows Defender and it found...
mg67 Resolved HJT Threads 23 07-30-2012 06:24 AM
Windows XP PC unable to access internet or copy files
Hi - I have a Dell slimline PC running Windows XP that is slowly losing all functionality. I cannot load IE, Chrome has a message ERR 138 (Access Denied). I am unable to copy files from a USB stick and cannot remove certain programs (er McAfee) using the Add / Remove program utility. :facepalm: ...
NDWales Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 54 07-15-2012 03:19 PM
Happili Virus Redirect
Hello: I've been hit with the Happili virus where it redirects me when I conduct a google search. Attached is the GMER and TDSS files. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. -ttvr4
ttvr4 Resolved HJT Threads 14 05-15-2012 11:47 AM
happili.com virus
Hi, I wrote yesterday that believe i have the happili.com virus and cannot remove it. I was told to follow the pre-post instructions. However, I could not run dds.scr. It would open ans tell me to wait. It said the scan should not last more than 3 minutes. But it never ended and I could not close...
sharkfan12 Resolved HJT Threads 23 04-17-2012 12:38 PM