Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Game crashed > audio looping > Restarting PC doesnt help

This is a discussion on Game crashed > audio looping > Restarting PC doesnt help within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was playing a game on my PC yesterday and it crashed. When it crashed, a split second of audio

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

I was playing a game on my PC yesterday and it crashed. When it crashed, a split second of audio looped indefinitely. I had to turn off my PC. Today I turned it back on, and the second my PC gets to the lock screen of the desktop, the audio loop starts again.

Some additional info: this has happened with another game I play as well, but once I turn my PC off and back on, the issue resolves itself, unlike in this situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Shut down the computer and remove the power cord from the computer end. Press the Power Button to release any stored electricity. Plug in power cable and Start computer.
If it continues to loop, and you can login, Right click the Taskbar and start the Task Manager, click the Drop down arrow for More Details. Look for the Game running in the processes and End the Process.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

What is the brand and model of your computer? Is this a custom built PC? Please list the computer specs when you can.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New computer lagging
Hello everyone, I bought a computer 2 weeks ago, was AMAZING! running star wars battlefront at 60fps full graphics, the division 60fps at full graphics. Life couldn't be better. And then... My wife accidentally unplugged the power cable... Now, my PC lags as if it an Atari, My fps goes...
wolf5659 Other Hardware Support 5 03-21-2016 11:48 AM
Saying no audio device, drivers are working properly?
I have Winxp, all service packs, and Sound Blaster Audigy. I have tried what I am assuming is every solution I have found in short of reinstalling XP. Making sure the right devices are started in services, un-installing/re-installing/updating drivers, and so on. One thing it probably could be is...
lsdeimos Windows XP Support 9 01-19-2014 10:46 AM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM
Changing the Processor on a Laptop?
I have an HP Pavilion dv7-4273ds Entertainment PC. It has an AMD Phenom(tm) II p960 Quad-Core Processor. I'm hoping this isn't the reason that my games have been flopping lately. So, how difficult is it (if at all possible) to change the processor on a laptop?
drhea2 Laptop Support 5 03-24-2011 09:41 AM
No audio in game only
Having an issue where I get no audio in game only. When this occurs all other internet sound stops too. Once I exit the game, audio returns. Audio is also present during the opening credits and intro to the game, just not once connected I have the same game (Rift) loaded on my laptop, and it...
victim8u PC Gaming Support 5 02-08-2011 10:34 AM