Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Firefox and Chrome not launching

This is a discussion on Firefox and Chrome not launching within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone :) It seems I am becoming a regular pain for the support folk on TSF after I installed

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Hi everyone :)
It seems I am becoming a regular pain for the support folk on TSF after I installed Windows 10. I am sorry. And I am sorry if I should have posted this in the Windows 10 section.
My problem is sometimes, after shutting down the PC and starting it up later, when I click on Firefox and Chrome icons, they dont launch. The mouse pointer just turns to the spinning circle (which replaced the hourglass). And they wont launch until I click on Edge browser and, that launches, along with Firefox and Chrome. Could someone tell me why this is happening please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Moved to Windows 10 Support. Could be a networking issue.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Old 05-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Reset Refresh FF and Chrome https://howtoremove.guide/how-to-res...wser-settings/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Ty sir I will try that.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Can't connect to the internet using firefox or chrome?
I cannot connect to the internet using firefox or chrome but there's no problem with internet explorer. This happened after I installed and uninstalled speedbit video accelerator. When opened chrome, it gave me the following error. (net::ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED): Unknown error. After...
kushan Networking Support 4 01-11-2013 03:00 PM
Major Flaw in Windows 8 Slow Browsing on Chrome, Firefox? Internet Connection Issues?
A couple of weeks ago I installed Windows 8 (fresh install from scratch, not an update) on my computer. I do a lot of web browsing and over the last couple of weeks I've been using Windows 8, I could swear the web browsing wasn't as fast at it used to be on Windows 7. I then noticed I was having...
consultant1027 Windows 8, 8.1 Support 0 12-02-2012 10:47 AM
Chrome, Firefox, IE won't start after trying Samsung Kies and Kies Mini. Opera will
I've posted this same topic in the networking forum but I think this subforum might be better. Mods can delete the other one. Yesterday I read about a new firmware update for my Samsung Galaxy S3, and I decided to install Kies on my laptop so I could get it (for many Galaxy S3 users in the...
kerelberel Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 13 08-04-2012 10:14 AM
Chrome, Firefox, IE won't start after trying Samsung Kies and Kies Mini. Opera will
Yesterday I read about a new firmware update for my Samsung Galaxy S3, and I decided to install Kies on my laptop so I could get it (for many Galaxy S3 users in the Netherlands that day, Over The Air updates didn't work). First I tried the browser version of Kies, saw nothing about updates so I...
kerelberel Networking Support 0 07-14-2012 01:47 AM
Published: Which Browser is Best?
Opera and Safari to be added. I will finish this later today or tomorrow. Any comments/changes suggested? Which internet browser is best? Any discussion over the best internet browser turns into the inevitable shouting match all too common on certain forums. To an outsider, this...
Will Watts Dead-Sea Scrolls 5 07-09-2011 01:00 PM