Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted entire bookmarks library

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  weybrew 
#1 ·
When I originally installed Chrome on my home PC, I imported all my bookmarks from Firefox. Part of this process, apparently, created a "imported from Firefox" shortcut on my bookmarks bar. Since I already had another shortcut extension to show my bookmarks manager, I brazenly decided to delete the bookmarks bar shortcut. Now all my bookmarks are gone except those on the bookmarks bar! I've tried the suggested method of resto
ring these deleted bookmarks, but there is no bookmarks.bak file where it should be. Isn't there some way to retrieve these bookmarks via download form my Google account? I don't have any other devices, just my single home PC, so I'm assuming that using Sync isn't an option. Does a Google "cloud" backup exist? I'm really sweating here...

#4 ·
If you used the built in Windows "Backup & Restore" your System Image would have it, but you'd have to bring everything back and run Windows Update. Individual files are not available, but might be on a "normal" backup.

#5 ·
I do have a non-current backup but only of my personal files (documents, music, videos, and pictures), not the user app data and such. I also have a disc image but it is even more dated. I really was hoping that Google would have some trick up their sleeve for a Chrome restore.

#11 ·
Just as a matter of course, in my personal backup, I automatically backup the profile of the browser.. in my case, Firefox.. which not only restores bookmarks, but plugins etc, and my complete customisation... Much easier to do that automatically just in case.....
I personally use a very simple CMD script, using xcopy.. which, with appropriate switches can do almost any type of copying.... and can be set to be processed with a schedule entry.. using Task Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.