Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Critical Error: Start menu and Cortana aren't working.....Sign out now"

This is a discussion on Critical Error: Start menu and Cortana aren't working.....Sign out now" within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just upgraded to Windows10 4 days ago and got this on screen last night and until now. What will I

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Just upgraded to Windows10 4 days ago and got this on screen last night and until now. What will I do? PLEASE SEE PHOTO.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150814_091125.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	250017  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

Just some of additional details I can remember after Windows 10 Upgrade.
It looks so good at first, the environment...so cool... Until after 1 day,
1) I cannot play my music using "Windows Media Player"
2) I cannot "PRINT". Printer in my devices was gone. I re-installed it (Brother DCP-J100). And then it appeared in the devices as two copies: One with "Copy(1)" at the end. I tried to print, I cannot print. All were in "queued" all the time.
3) I transferred photos from my mobile phone to laptop via Bluetooth, all were "NOT SENT". I found out: I need to right click on the Bluetooth icon and then press "Receive a file". Ops, before this it is automatic.....
4) My greatest DISASTER: Above-mentioned: CRITICAL ERROR: Start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Sign out now. Seemed like I don't have another choice but to sign out. But I have signed in and out already more than 10 times, when will it be fixed??? I cannot use my laptop well. Just to reach you out here in forum am using my mobile phone to take photo of the screen and patiently typing....I tried to click my "Mozilla browser in the Desktop" it doesn't function. I's forced to use "IE" instead and I don't like it and my time is limited coz anytime now while typing it can crushed....

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS...if this cannot be solved, please give me instruction on how can I rather go back to Windows 8.1...THANK YOU GUYZ in advance....

P.S. I can only touch folders in the desktop...to open the internet I have to find a file with .html and right click on it and "open through internet explorer" that's why i was able to type long statements here now,,,other than that - nothing
Old 08-15-2015, 11:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

SOLUTION: Restart, Press F8 while restarting, Voila! It's back!
Got answer from other page and it worked without any looong blah blah blah...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #4
Registered Member

I get this error message everytime I start up. The only thing I can do is click the Sign Out Now button and that just sends me back around the loop to the same error message. Pressing F8 on restarting did nothing.

What to do?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
Registered Member

I have the exact same problem now. What is the fix?
Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered Member

I tried pushing the F8 button during restart. After two or three attempts, it worked. It starts up fine now so the problem is gone.
Closed Thread