Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 10 Support

User Tag List

Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

This is a discussion on Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade within the Windows 10 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So, i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows 10 Home from 8.1. What got me

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

So, i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows 10 Home from 8.1. What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at 100% and the laptop had been on the charger all day, plus the CPU temperature was normal. I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI error's listed and this came up.

The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer: Collaborative processor power controls on processor 5 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware. This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores

Unfortunately, there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus. Last one was pushed in October 2014. Very odd seeing as i got this new in December 2014.

I want to know if this is something serious, or if i should just ignore it. An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me.

System Info:

Asustek N56JN-MH74 Notebook
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 4Core 8 Thread
Ram: 8GB (8075 MB)
Video: Intel Onboard 4600 1024 MB / Nvidia GeForce 840m

So is there anything that i can do, or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update, even though it's probably likely they won't. Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 04:44 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel® Driver Update Utility
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] After pressing some key combo, I boot into emergency mode
I use Fedora 20. After pressing ctrl-alt-some function key, I entered emergency mode. Now every time I boot my computer, I enter emergency mode before I enter the normal OS. When I enter the normal OS there are no problems. How do I disable the auto-boot into emergency mode?
jengelhart Linux Support 26 07-25-2014 04:12 PM
~*~Mixed Bag of Problems~*~
Hi, everyone! I have had a lot of problems with my computer lately and I'm hoping someone would be able to help me out. The most pressing issue right now is that my e-mail is sending out Spam links when I'm not even on my computer. The first time it happened, I changed my password, but tonight the...
TabbyCat725 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 156 07-09-2012 07:50 PM
Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan
Hi there. Eset is reporting that I've got Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan in Operating memory. I've tried cleaning it, but it returns. Computer behaviour is getting worse. Some examples: New firefox tabs opening Firefox redirects to ebay Computer fans varying wildly when idle Malware software...
tryingtimes Resolved HJT Threads 139 03-12-2012 01:04 AM
System performance is virtually standstill
Thanks for your help here. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice here but I think I've followed the forum instructions with the scans and detail in this e-mail. Alsi I don't have an installation disk or a Boot CD. The system performance is excessively slow on all applications whether opening excel...
roybrfc Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 25 02-22-2011 03:05 PM
BSOD Mayhem
Windows 7 64bit Dual boots with Vista (win7 is priority). Vista was original OS. Both OEM editions but not pre-installed. System is 4 years old. Current windows 7 installation is from release. Intel q6600 cpu with a Galaxy Nvidia 8800 GT videocard, Antec 550 watt PSU (since build), and...
Ceiltsei BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 02-20-2011 01:42 PM