05-20-2020, 02:51 PM
Join Date: May 2020
The audio on my computer crackles when ever the volume changes. I was hearing popping sometimes and I tested this problem by playing a youtube video that played a constant pitch and moving the volume up and down. This would cause constant crackling. So whenever audio changes volume normally (which is pretty much all the time), a popping sound is heard. My operating system is Windows 10.
I have attempted the following solutions with no change:
- I played audio from multiple sources such as browsers, games, iTunes and raw audio files
- I plugged in different types of headphones (wired over ear headphones, normal ear buds, wireless headphones)
- I tried different input types (auxiliary, usb)
- I tried multiple input ports on my computer (aux and usb on my case, aux and usb on my motherboard)
- I plugged in all of my headphones to other sources and the problem was not present
- I reinstalled my drivers for all audio devices
- I disabled all enhancements on my headphones
- I tried different sample rates and bit depths
- I unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
- I lowered the master volume
- I ran Windows in safe mode