Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Your next operating system: Your datacenter

This is a discussion on Your next operating system: Your datacenter within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. With a new Windows release now just around the corner, we're all thinking about desktop and mobile operating systems. But

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
With a new Windows release now just around the corner, we're all thinking about desktop and mobile operating systems. But desktop OSes are only the tip of today's computational iceberg, with much of the work we used to do on our PCs moving over into the cloud, and onto ever growing fleets of disaggregated compute, memory, storage, and networking.

Two events last week put this into some perspective, with cloud software and infrastructure beginning to open up and expose the APIs and features we need to have a cloud-scale OS.

First was the Open Compute Projects 2015 US Summit, a gathering of engineers from across the industry, sharing their work on open hardware standards for cloud-scale services.

Founded by Facebook, OCP has grown to encompass much of the at-scale hardware industry, along with proprietary and open virtualization software providers. It's a fascinating convergence of ideas and technologies, where competition is left behind as engineers try to solve the problems that all cloud providers have.
Your next operating system: Your datacenter | ZDNet

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #2
Automotive Team

Sorry to all the windows people but my next operating system is gonna be the next Linux distro that catches my eye. the last MS operating system I even liked was XP SP3
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diablo III Hangs then Not Responding crash (Hang report inside)
so why is this happening? Hang report for C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Diablo III.exe Generated by using WhatIsHang on 4/17/2014 3:34:23 PM Web site: NirSoft - freeware utilities: password recovery, system utilities, desktop utilities Remarks: * The program hangs in a single...
Haxxtastic PC Gaming Support 2 04-17-2014 01:58 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD almost every night
I built this box in December and installed W8 on it. IT's fast and never gave me a problem until about 4 weeks ago. Suddenly, almost every night, it crashes and I wake up and see the system is off. I've tired WhoCrashed and got mostly "This was probably caused by the following module: cmudaxp.sys...
pcostanza BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 38 05-20-2013 07:27 PM
Wireless connection Yellow exclamation
Seen this several times in this Forum and others but cannot find a solution to my problem, so apologies for raising yet again. I do have a comprehensive post though. I have been trying to diagnose this problem for weeks and despite trying all the advice Iíve seen, nothing has yet fixed it. ...
dpbardell Networking Support 15 10-23-2011 11:30 AM
Video and Sound lag in full screen videos + 0x116 BSODs
Hello guys... So I have recently formatted my computer and whenever I play a video on fullscreen, the video will lag a lot and the sound will be buggy and cracky.... Also, for example, I am playing Assassin's Creed II at the moment and this also happens in the cut scenes... This has all happened...
rudy_eila BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 28 09-01-2011 02:49 AM
BSOD Driver power failure
OS- Windows 7 32 bit Os is original Os is pre-installed on system less than 6 months old OS has not been reinstalled Intel(R) core(TM) i5 CPU M 580 @2.67GHZ NVIDIA NVS 3100M
fatboy_2u BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 04-05-2011 02:47 PM