Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Yet another manufactured crisis down in flames

This is a discussion on Yet another manufactured crisis down in flames within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House A House Republican investigation faults senior IRS officials in the mistreatment

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House

Quote:
A House Republican investigation faults senior IRS officials in the mistreatment of conservative groups that applied for tax-exempt status, but could find no link to the White House, according to a report released Tuesday.

The probe isn't over, although investigators have reviewed 1.3 million pages of documents and interviewed 52 officials. The report, however, marks the end of Rep. Darrell Issa's tenure leading the investigation.

Issa, a Republican from California, is stepping down as chairman of the House Oversight Committee because of term limits. Issa has repeatedly clashed with the White House and congressional Democrats over the way the IRS treated tea party and other conservative groups.
Just think if they had spent as much time investigating whether WMD were found in Iraq! !

Probe fails to link IRS scandal to White House

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Same sort of stuff happens here just dressed up in another name.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
Same sort of stuff happens here just dressed up in another name.
Yeah.....but this garbage is really getting old. The only thing the Conservatives want to do is make a 'reality show' out of politics instead of running our country.....they're trying to ruin it instead. Then again, they proclaim they are Patriots.......I guess witch hunting is in their heredity.

A few tidbits from Rich's link......

Quote:
Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, said Issa did not share the report with Democrats before releasing it, "bypassing the normal congressional vetting process designed to distinguish fact from fiction."

"It is revealing that the Republicans, yet again, are leaking cherry-picked excerpts of documents to support their preconceived political narrative without allowing committee members to even see their conclusions or vote on them first," Cummings said in a statement.
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Conservatives here are at least called that, but other than that they are not different in what they do. Anything for a sound bite and rebranding money already set out for something, and claiming they are investing more or new funds is another set of tricks.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread