Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Yet another lunatic conspiracy theory bites the dust

This is a discussion on Yet another lunatic conspiracy theory bites the dust within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack, intelligence about who carried it out and why was contradictory, the report found. That led Susan Rice, then U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, to inaccurately assert that the attack had evolved from a protest, when in fact there had been no protest. But it was intelligence analysts, not political appointees, who made the wrong call, the committee found. The report did not conclude that Rice or any other government official acted in bad faith or intentionally misled the American people.

The House Intelligence Committee report was released with little fanfare on the Friday before Thanksgiving week. Many of its findings echo those of six previous investigations by various congressional committees and a State Department panel. The eighth Benghazi investigation is being carried out by a House Select Committee appointed in May.
Bold mine

This had to be like pulling Issa's teeth!

House intel panel debunks many Benghazi theories

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread