Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

What a Waste

This is a discussion on What a Waste within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The Afghanistan war, the longest overseas conflict in American history, has cost the US taxpayer nearly $1 Trillion and will

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 05:25 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

The Afghanistan war, the longest overseas conflict in American history, has cost the US taxpayer nearly $1 Trillion and will require spending several hundred Billion dollars more after it officially ends this month, according to Financial Times calculations and independent researchers.

In addition to this national financial catastrophe, around 7,000+ US personnel have been killed and some 25,000+ wounded, mostly young men.

What a disgraceful waste of young human lives and an astronomic cost to the US taxpayer. All for nothing.

The Afghan Army - the ANA, is a joke. Just a collection of irresponsible ragbags and undisciplined rabble. They only fight if and when they feel like it and certainly not on religious days or at prayer times.

When the US, Brits and other alliance troops pull out, it will all have been a waste of time, money, blood and suffering. The Taliban will dance rings around this ANA rabble and Afghanistan will be returned to the same state it was in 10+ years ago.

I feel so bitter that our leaders subject our nations to this kind of tragic and disgusting activity and agony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

But at least we got a "beacon of Demorcracy in the Middle East" out of the deal.

Even worse than the debacle in Afganistan, is the Blunder in Iraq . .

Yet the Loonie Tunes crowd seem determined to piss away even more lives there

Old 01-30-2015, 06:28 AM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

I definitely agree about the pulling out part. When we Americans, UK, and other coalitions forces pull out, Taliban will definitely piss on the Afghan Army. The Afghan Army themselves couldn't do crap to the Taliban.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 06:41 AM   #4
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

The days of conventional armies and wars may now be at an end. Now it seems that we are fighting ideologies more than anything. You can defeat an army but it's almost impossible to defeat an ideology as the enemy can crop up even within your own people.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:40 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Ah, so the war is not all about terrorism, Al Qaeda and the Taliban, or even the Afghan people, that is just a Western cover story.

Apart from Afghanistan supplying the world with more than 90% of Opium to produce Heroin from, the country has enormous untapped natural resources of a whole pack of vital minerals, including oil.

See - “The War is Worth Waging”: Afghanistan’s Vast Reserves of Minerals and Natural Gas | Global Research

I had a suspicion that the West would not kill and maim thousands of their young men and spend $Trillions on a sandy, mountainous craphole, full of flies, donkeys, the Taliban and IED`s
Closed Thread