Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

We have lift-off . . .

This is a discussion on We have lift-off . . . within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The Federal Reserve raised interest rates for the first time in almost a decade in a widely telegraphed move while

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
The Federal Reserve raised interest rates for the first time in almost a decade in a widely telegraphed move while signaling that the pace of subsequent increases will be “gradual” and in line with previous projections.

The Federal Open Market Committee unanimously voted to set the new target range for the federal funds rate at 0.25 percent to 0.5 percent, up from zero to 0.25 percent. Policy makers separately forecast an appropriate rate of 1.375 percent at the end of 2016, the same as September, implying four quarter-point increases in the target range next year, based on the median number from 17 officials.

“The committee judges that there has been considerable improvement in labor market conditions this year, and it is reasonably confident that inflation will rise, over the medium term, to its 2 percent objective,” the FOMC said in a statement Wednesday following a two-day meeting in Washington. The Fed said it raised rates “given the economic outlook, and recognizing the time it takes for policy actions to affect future economic outcomes.”
No surprise . . I would have voted for .5, but they are clearly cautious . . The DOW went up almost 100 points after the announcement

Fed Ends Zero-Rate Era; Signals 4 Quarter-Point 2016 Increases - Bloomberg Business

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #2
Automotive Team

And yet the common working poor still struggles to survive
Old 01-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

This has nothing to do with salaries.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2016, 08:12 AM   #4
Automotive Team

I know that, but it DOES affect interest rates, which directly affect my wallet and bank account
Closed Thread