Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Watching these primaries

This is a discussion on Watching these primaries within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've been watching and laughing... at both sides... the left and their mismanagement of their own superdelegates while getting the

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #1

I've been watching and laughing... at both sides... the left and their mismanagement of their own superdelegates while getting the media to count the uncasted undemocratic "superdelegates" in an effort to show Hillary in a massive lead over Bernie...

and of course the Republicans and their mismanagement and underestimating the rise of the Trump...

And here I am, laughing me butt off at the whole process... listening to supporters of this candidate or that candidate rabidly saying that this candidate or that candidate will "DESTROY THE WORLD!!!"

The media coverage has been so profound that even people in Europe are believing that this candidate or that candidate will "DESTROY THE WORLD!!!"

Many of my friends in Asia don't care who is president as long as the US will continue to support their countries over China (Vietnam wanting to buy US weapons should be a very telling indicator about what many countries in Asia think of the threats from China)

Now... you might be asking, what made want to write all of this...

Well I came across a very telling news article, and it surprised me profoundly... which I thought could no longer happen this election cycle...

Sanders: If Clinton Wins, She'll Have To Win Over My Supporters Herself

During a town hall with MSNBC's Chris Hayes on Monday, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) told a supporter that it's his choice whether to back Hillary Clinton if she becomes the Democratic presidential nominee.

A audience member who said he backs Sanders' candidacy asked the senator whether he will encourage his supporters to back Clinton if she wins the nomination.

"We’re not a movement where I can snap my fingers and say to you or to anybody else what you should do, that you should all listen to me. You shouldn’t. You make these decisions yourself," Sanders replied.

He then said that Clinton will have to court his supporters herself.

"And if Secretary Clinton wins, it is incumbent upon her to tell millions of people who right now do not believe in establishment politics or establishment economics, who have serious misgivings about a candidate who has received millions of dollars from Wall Street and other special interests," he said. "She has got to go out to you."

During a town hall with MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Monday night, Clinton said that during the 2008 election, she did not set "conditions" for supporting Barack Obama.

"We got to the end in June and I did not put down conditions. I didn’t say, ‘You know what, if Sen. Obama does W, Y, and Z maybe I’ll support him," Clinton said. "I said I am supporting Sen. Obama."

"I hope that we will see the same this year," she added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Hmm. No comment on Trump getting the nomination anywhere. That's interesting.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #3
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Looks like the bully threw the rest of the clowns out of the car.

Somehow, I don't think this will be the last of the nominating process. If Trump doesn't get the absolute minimum of delegates expect Ryan to step into the fracas. Cruz may have suspended his campaign but he's still in it. Kasich has struck out......
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

With no contenders in the match and only one name on the ballot to vote for in the primary. I don't think Trump is going to have much of a problem getting to 1237. I was pretty sure he was going to get there even with Cruz and Kasich in the race.

Now it'll be fun to watch the two dems fight it out for the nomination. Maybe they'll go to a contested convention of their own.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:16 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

With so little support within his own party, I wonder if the "establishment" is not looking for some disqualifier. He registered as a Republican less than 5 years ago, clearly with the goal of playing the party. His reluctance to commit support for whoever the ultimate candidate would be might come back to haunt him.

They better come up with something . . loosing the Whitehouse and Senate is bad enough, but they could easily find themselves in the same shape as in 2000 when they lost the whole shebang!

Old 05-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Well I'm sure the election fraud machine is gearing up as we speak.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:45 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

Self defense is a strong motivator! It will be interesting to see what all they can come up with to get rid of him before he destroys the party. That might not be such a bat thing given the direction it has taken the last 20 years or so . . It barely resembles the Republican party I joined 50 years ago

Old 05-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #8

Well looks like the democrats are heading to a contested convention... this whole election season has been telling to me...

At first I thought it was just a comedy show... I have come to the conclusion that it is much more then that...

On both sides the people are upset at the establishment... the massive support for the odds stacked against Bernie and who the DNC themselves have been actively fighting against and the growing Bernie or Bust crowd I've seen growing in Washington...

Rich... don't count Trump out as automatically losing the WH... the anger at the establishment is strong on both sides... and the republicans will be nominating what the electors believe is the anti-establishment
Old 05-06-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Perhaps they're going for a full 3 ring circus?? This is one crazy year......

Chagrined anti-Trump Republicans seek to recruit third-party candidate

Can't really blame the Republicans.......Trump is not a conservative.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:31 AM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

Both sides do seem very upset. Unfavorability numbers sky high for both candidates.

I'm wondering what Leo and his "off the table right wingers" think of Trump?? . . Pretty sure I know what they think of Hillary

Old 05-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post

These calls come out after every primary...

The same calls will be out for Sanders too...

Of course the problem with third party is they siphon votes from one side...

To change the two party strangle hold on the presidency you need a viable 4th candidate as well for the other side...

Say Cruz (God forbid) got the nomination and Trump ran as a third party... it would have been the same as Perot running...

With Clinton getting the nomination you would need Sanders to run as independent to siphon the same amount from the left as Trump would have siphoned from the right...
Old 05-06-2016, 09:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Both sides do seem very upset. Unfavorability numbers sky high for both candidates.

I'm wondering what Leo and his "off the table right wingers" think of Trump?? . . Pretty sure I know what they think of Hillary
Hillary is banking on the establishment right to vote for her, which of course wouldn't happen, and Trump is banking on the anti-establishment left to vote for him...

The last poll I saw showed that 10% on both sides said they would vote against the other... not so much of a change
Old 05-06-2016, 04:51 PM   #13
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post

That'll just give the presidency away.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:53 PM   #14
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:

Since the MSM and the establishment have tried to expunge Trump from the face of the political scene. I'm all for him.

Same with the rest of us right wingers.

(Why don't you lift the ban so he can tell you himself )
Old 05-06-2016, 05:42 PM   #15
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
(Why don't you lift the ban so he can tell you himself )
Who? . . Gads? He asked for it . . said he was spending too much time online

I have no dog in this hunt . . the outcome is already decided. GOP decided early on to take a pass in this one.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:01 PM   #16

Quote:
GOP decided early on to take a pass in this one.
I'm telling ya dude, don't bank on that...
Old 05-07-2016, 12:03 PM   #17
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
I'm telling ya dude, don't bank on that...
Pretty much the same that I heard 4 years ago . .

Old 05-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #18
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo G View Post
Since the MSM and the establishment have tried to expunge Trump from the face of the political scene. I'm all for him.
Fox News has been harsher on Trump than the other networks . . Breitbart even worse . . are ya'll down on them now?

Old 05-07-2016, 05:40 PM   #19
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Washington Democrats wasted no time this week trying to tie congressional Republicans facing re-election to Donald Trump, now that he’s the presumptive GOP presidential nominee.

Their major focus appears to be the Senate, considering they have to win a net total of four seats to retake control of the chamber, though the more outside chance of also flipping the House now seems more attainable.

Democrats will have plenty of soundbites and video clips of Trump talking about Muslims, women and other politically-sensitive issues in ways that party members will find offensive.

However, linking him and his remarks to vulnerable GOP incumbents right away will be more difficult, considering few have endorsed Trump -- the lone Republican presidential candidate after his commanding win Tuesday in Indiana forced out primary rivals Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

“There’s no going back for vulnerable incumbents and candidates who’ve pledged to support Trump,” the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee said Wednesday. “Now they have the herculean task of explaining their own out-of-touch records while running alongside their party’s new standard bearer: a divisive and dangerous personality.”
Bold mine

Well . . who wooda thunk! !

Democrats trying to tie Trump to GOP senators seeking re-election, in bid to control the Senate | Fox News

Old 05-07-2016, 10:03 PM   #20

Yeah, I get that with emails from my state reps... "Trump like talk" "They won't say they won't vote for Trump" "Send us more money"
Closed Thread