Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

War on Christmas

This is a discussion on War on Christmas within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. To those who thought Starbucks turned Christians into racists and haters with the red cup . . this should drive

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

To those who thought Starbucks turned Christians into racists and haters with the red cup . . this should drive them nuts!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	261114

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Only through Dec. 7th. Then they will go back to the ones without Christmas.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:29 AM   #3

They should just use all the colors so as to not offend anyone...
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
They should just use all the colors so as to not offend anyone...
Actually that is offensive to people who don't support [email protected]

The question is though...why did Starbucks change it?
Old 11-11-2015, 07:50 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
To those who thought Starbucks turned Christians into racists and haters with the red cup . . this should drive them nuts!

Attachment 261114
I don't have problems with other religions... in fact when I grew up we had a set of plastic candles shaped like that(I forget how to spell it).
Old 11-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #6
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

No matter what you do, you are going to offend someone, and the more people that are envious of you because of your success the more you will offend.

I'd say that Starbucks "can't win for losing" here. They could put their coffee in clear cups and still someone would be offended by the color of the coffee itself.

You shouldn't let a few "squeaky wheels" control your actions. I just wish our politicians would realize this.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
No matter what you do, you are going to offend someone, and the more people that are envious of you because of your success the more you will offend.
THIS

You do not have a right to not be offended...

If they put Merry Christmas on the cups, Muslims, Jews and Athiests would have been offended

If you put Happy Hanukkah on the cup Christians and Athiests would have been offended and a terrorist would have blown up the company

If you put Happy Humanist day a terrorist would have blown up an abortion clinic while Muslims and Jews try to figure out what it meant.

There is no winning anymore, and while Starbucks only did this for the free publicity they knew it would generate, although I dont understand why they thought they needed more publicity since I can't swing a dead cat in WA without hitting one of their stores...
Old 11-11-2015, 08:34 AM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

I find it interesting that when I lived in the Middle East ( the heart of evil and home of the devil incarnate ), I wished Muslims Happy Ramadan . . Muslims wished me Merry Christmas, We wished Jewish people Happy Hanukkah and they wished us Merry Christmas and Happy Ramadan. We all respected each other, no one got offended if someone else celebrated a holiday that they did not.

I come back to this so called "Christian" country and everyone gets offended if anyone does anything the least bit different than they do . . Haters hate anyone who is the least bit different and the only tolerance allowed has to do with measurements!

How the color of a cup at a coffee shop can influence anyone's religious beliefs is an absolute befuddlement to me . . Their faith cannot be very strong to begin with.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #9
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warborg View Post
I don't have problems with other religions... in fact when I grew up we had a set of plastic candles shaped like that(I forget how to spell it).
Menorah

Quote:
THIS

There is no winning anymore, and while Starbucks only did this for the free publicity they knew it would generate, although I dont understand why they thought they needed more publicity since I can't swing a dead cat in WA without hitting one of their stores...
That's the main thing I remember on my trips to Seattle. 6 Starbucks per downtown block. Oh yeah. The sofas and chairs on the sidewalk for the Candlelight Parade.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #10
Vetustior Humo

Quote:
... is Christmas really "Christian" at all? Consider this fact: Look high and low throughout the pages of the Bible, and you will find not ONE WORD of "Christmas" being celebrated by any of YEHOVAH's people! It is not even mentioned once! Neither the Messiah nor any of his apostles ever observed this holiday, nor the New Testament Church!

Yet on the other hand the pagan, heathen world observed this day for thousands of years before the Messiah was even born! The Shocking Pagan Origin of Christmas
Don't look behind the curtain...
Old 11-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
THIS

You do not have a right to not be offended...

If they put Merry Christmas on the cups, Muslims, Jews and Athiests would have been offended

If you put Happy Hanukkah on the cup Christians and Athiests would have been offended and a terrorist would have blown up the company

If you put Happy Humanist day a terrorist would have blown up an abortion clinic while Muslims and Jews try to figure out what it meant.

and if you dont put anything on the cup, you would be supporting atheism and would offend everyone who has a belief.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

Really???? There are beliefs based on what is printed on coffee cups???

Old 11-13-2015, 05:56 PM   #13
TSF Enthusiast

Seems Starbucks is trying to control PR damage now. I saw a Starbucks commercial that displays Christmas stuff(and their plain red cups).
Old 11-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #14
TSF Team, Emeritus

Praise Allah . . I thought the world was going to end!

Old 11-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #15
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

There are actually people around here who refuse to take their groceries home in the orange plastic bags they use over Halloween because it's a "Pagan" Holliday. This is one of the many problems you face when the last page of your religious text was written two thousand years ago, you don't even know the history of your own religion.
Closed Thread