Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

TX Gov Orders State Guard to Monitor Possible Military Takeover of Texas

This is a discussion on TX Gov Orders State Guard to Monitor Possible Military Takeover of Texas within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday asked the State Guard to monitor a U.S. military training exercise dubbed "Jade

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday asked the State Guard to monitor a U.S. military training exercise dubbed "Jade Helm 15" amid Internet-fueled suspicions that the war simulation is really a hostile military takeover.

The request comes a day after more than 200 people packed a meeting in rural Bastrop County and questioned a U.S. Army commander about whether the government was planning to confiscate guns or implement martial law. Bastrop County Judge Paul Pape said "conspiracy theorists" and "fear mongers" had been in a frenzy.
Quote:
Texas and six other states are hosting the exercises on public and private lands. The Army says the terrain and topography in the areas selected are ideal to replicate foreign combat zones.

No other governor had so publicly addressed the training exercise.

"It is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed," Abbott wrote. "By monitoring the Operation on a continual basis, the State Guard will facilitate communications between my office and the commanders of the Operation to ensure that adequate measures are in place to protect Texans."
Paranoia catches Abbott’s attention: Gov orders Texas guard to monitor military exercises over fears of federal takeover | | Dallas Morning News

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	231449

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Ok, Rich I'll bite, Paranoia or Paranormal.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Pretty much bidness as usual for the LT crowd here . . .

Quote:
A post on the Teaparty.org website claims that in more than 15 Texas cities special forces troops will try to blend in undetected among civilian populations to prepare for the imposition of martial law.
When the LT bunch get their panties in a wad, the Gov has to pander . .

White House, Texas at odds over military drills decried by far right

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Oh, well, maybe they use a psychic, Because it sounds like a lot of drivel, they might try a different one and see if the results are better. Where do grown men and women pull this sort of stuff from, I mean really a covert operation by the government to impose martial law, there would be so many leaks a sieve would look like a bucket.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

. . it's not called the Lunatic Fringe for nothing! !

Old 04-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

We have a Fringe it comes with a Festival each year in Edinburgh, maybe someone should start one there, as a distraction whilst the government take over ?.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

It keeps getting better . .

The local looney who replaced Glen Beck when he was booked on drug charges now claims that the WalMart closed stores are to be used as detention facilities for the "patriots" that the Army is going to round up . . .

I'm planning on setting up a tinfoil hat stand to make money off the LT crowd

Old 05-01-2015, 12:16 PM   #8
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Even if an order was given, how could the US military "take over" the US when we it can't even take over Iraq and Afghanistan or stop ISIS, which only has 31,500 fighting men?

There are 25 million veterans in the US, most who have received similar if not the same training as the current US military. Most of these veterans still have a rifle or two around the house and many keep their skills sharp by hunting every year. The US has 89 guns per 100 citizens, including about 5 million AR 15s.

Quote:
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." -- attributed to Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
Not to mention that all current and former servicemen and women are sworn to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" not to just blindly follow orders.

I went on military maneuvers in five different states, as far as I know we never took over any of them.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

Never let it be said that a Governor of Texas would be shackled by common sense or logic!

"They's lunatics to be pandered to"

Old 05-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #10
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Sounds more like they took over the asylum. a country with 318.9 million (2014) Armed forces size approximately, 1,400,000.
They may just be a little light for such an action.

Closed Thread