Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Trump's Conflict of Interest

This is a discussion on Trump's Conflict of Interest within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Turn's out he's leveraged up to his eyeballs with a foreign owned bank. Two of those megaloans are held by

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
Vetustior Humo

Turn's out he's leveraged up to his eyeballs with a foreign owned bank.

Quote:
Two of those megaloans are held by Deutsche Bank, which is based in Germany but has US subsidiaries. And this prompts a question that no other major American presidential candidate has had to face: What are the implications of the chief executive of the US government being in hock for $100 million (or more) to a foreign entity that has tried to evade laws aimed at curtailing risky financial shenanigans, that was recently caught manipulating markets around the world, and that attempts to influence the US government? LINK
And before you start, yes I know MJ is a left-wing periodical. Let's argue the implications not the source.

Quote:
In comparison to the dozens of pages listing Trump's assets and income, there is only one page listing his liabilities. It includes 15 loans, mortgages and bonds that range from as little as $100,001 to $250,000 to three mortgages and a loan that are more than $50 million. LINK to CNN
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2016, 06:08 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

No problem for the Trumpster . . he's just call 'em ugly, build a wall around 'em and pretend the debts do not exist! . . His supporters hold him accountable for nothing!

Old 06-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustr View Post
Turn's out he's leveraged up to his eyeballs with a foreign owned bank.

And before you start, yes I know MJ is a left-wing periodical. Let's argue the implications not the source.
Is it Trump himself that has those debts, or one of his companies?

Many times people seem to get those confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2016, 10:33 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

If he disclosed, it must be his . . but not at all unusual to take on debt in the name of a company or joint venture (off balance sheet financing) . . Enron was the classic example

Old 06-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
If he disclosed, it must be his . . but not at all unusual to take on debt in the name of a company or joint venture (off balance sheet financing) . . Enron was the classic example

Well he would have to divest all of that before he could take control of the presidency wouldn't he?
Old 06-04-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Yeah, I think so . . Assets are usually put into a "Blind Trust", I don't know what custom is for debt . . pretty sure we would not want a POTUS indebted to a foreign bank

Old 06-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Yeah, I think so . . Assets are usually put into a "Blind Trust", I don't know what custom is for debt . . pretty sure we would not want a POTUS indebted to a foreign bank
Ahh ok... So Trump is still better then Hillary is what all this is still saying
Old 06-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
So Trump is still better then Hillary is what all this is still saying
What? What does it have to do with Clinton? I think what it is saying is that he may not be worth as much as he says he is if most of his business dealings are via joint ventures that are in debt.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:19 PM   #9

Quote:

What? What does it have to do with Clinton? I think what it is saying is that he may not be worth as much as he says he is if most of his business dealings are via joint ventures that are in debt.
No, it was more along the lines of this being such a non story...
Old 06-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

I See . . I can see your point . . compared to other recent statements by the clown, this one is peanuts.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #11

Quote:
I See . . I can see your point . . compared to other recent statements by the clown, this one is peanuts.
Yeah, there are so much worse stuff hes done then being a president that has debt
Old 06-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
Yeah, there are so much worse stuff hes done then being a president that has debt
Debt to a foreign entity . . just one of the little inconvenient truths he'll have to face

Closed Thread