Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Trump to Control All Media

This is a discussion on Trump to Control All Media within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. NYTimes Barred From WH Briefing This is the first step dictators take - control the message. Bar any voice from

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #1
Vetustior Humo

NYTimes Barred From WH Briefing

This is the first step dictators take - control the message. Bar any voice from being heard that might not be kissing your a$$. When I lived in Germany in the 1980's, I asked a co-worker who had lived through WW2 how it came to be? He said that the only news they got was from the government approved newspapers and so they had no idea what was really going on.

This is beyond belief. Time and AP reporters refused to attend out of solidarity. All of the others should have also.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

I am very afraid. Control the media and you can control the population. Looks like we'll have our own version of TASS. Trump Announcements Specially Selected.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

I saw a question posted for discussion on another site: "Are we becoming a police-state?"

My answer would be "possibly." A lot of this began before way before 1/20/2017. It has simply been amplified a lot since.

We watched the former Soviet Union for over 70 years, and how they did things. Things that people didn't like here, and there. Of course, that system, on such a large scale, was doomed to failure.

So, here's my question: Will we eventually have our own version of the KGB? I see this as probable. Much of the apparatus is already in place, and has been for a very long time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2017, 08:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm5510 View Post
I saw a question posted for discussion on another site: "Are we becoming a police-state?"

My answer would be "possibly." A lot of this began before way before 1/20/2017. It has simply been amplified a lot since.

We watched the former Soviet Union for over 70 years, and how they did things. Things that people didn't like here, and there. Of course, that system, on such a large scale, was doomed to failure.

So, here's my question: Will we eventually have our own version of the KGB? I see this as probable. Much of the apparatus is already in place, and has been for a very long time.

We've been slowly becoming a police/nanny state for awhile now, this did not start with Trump, but he has been making things a bit more expedient...
Old 03-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
Registered Member

Don't worry, it's going to get so much worse that how it is now will seem like heaven. XD Have you seen what's been happening at the FCC lately?
Old 05-18-2017, 03:56 AM   #6
Troubled

What's really happened is that the minority of people that used to control the media, the people that wrong "The Narrative" have lost control of that platform. Media has become decentralized and the "open market" of the internet allows people to choose which "versions" of "The News" they want to read, or watch. Now, I could single out one particular ethnic group, but I won't because I don't think it's as simple as that, however there is some truth to the idea that one particular culture's perspectives, value systems, beliefs and (for lack of a better word) "agenda" has had a disproportionate level of influence on the American people.

The advent of Internet Technology has begun to break that centralized power down to the point that this one small group's opinions are being downgraded to a level that is more appropriate for their relative size of the population (2%, or so). It's also given a rise in opportunity for other "cultures" to form and refine their own, independent identity, and set of values, and to have their own ideas on who 'we" are, what "we" think and what political direction "we" should go.

All of this is very good.

Q: What's the difference between the Holocaust, and a cow?
A: You can't milk a cow for 60 years.
Closed Thread