Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Things that make ya go Hmmmmm . . .

This is a discussion on Things that make ya go Hmmmmm . . . within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Itís far too easy to buy a gun in the United States Ė like, super easy. All it takes is

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Itís far too easy to buy a gun in the United States Ė like, super easy. All it takes is a little bit of money, a driverís license, and the ability to pass a federal background check, which by itself can be completed in as little as three minutes.

In case youíre wondering, that last part isnít too hard either. According to a report released by the Washington Post recently, over 2,000 terror suspects have legally purchased guns in the United States since 2004. Thatís an alarming number. Itís really all you need to know about how effective background checks for gun purchases are. If you want the official figures, only 700,000 people have been denied in the last decade. That may sound like a large number, but check this out Ė the FBI did more than 100 million checks. All in all, you have more than a 99% chance of passing with flying colors.

A Texas Republican Congressman is now sounding the alarm over this, and not because heís had a sudden change of heart about how unsafe guns are or how easy it is for criminals, in general, to get their hands on them. Instead, heís worried that Syrian refugees, specifically, allowed to come into his state will be able to buy them, among other things.

Rep. Tony Dale, who serves on the House Committee on Homeland Security and Public Safety, sent a letter to Governor Greg Abbott and other state leaders saying that Texas laws, combined with their federal rights, would allow newly arrived Syrians to arm themselves almost immediately. Heís acknowledging how the current gun control laws on the books do little to protect against the gun purchases.

could there possibly be a better way to keep guns out of the hands of those who have no business with one ? ? ? Nah . . but at least we finally get a Texas Republican to admit it is too easy for anyone to get one

Texas Republican Freaks Out When He Realizes How Easy It Is For Refugees To Buy Guns (VIDEO) ¬ę

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #2

pass a federal background <----- I wish I could bold this more

The Syrian refugees cannot federally or state legally purchase a firearm unless they become permanent residents aka green card holder...
Old 11-19-2015, 12:44 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Which, of course, happens when they are admitted . . Praise Allah the distinguished Gentleman from Texas wants to keep us safe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
Vetustior Humo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Which, of course, happens when they are admitted
Almost. They can apply for permanent status (Green Card) one year after arriving.

Just so I have this straight...

The gentleman from Texas wants to restrict who can own a gun!!! But doesn't the 2nd Amendment guarantee his right to one? I wonder if the NRA will take away his "A" rating. Not likely - they're as illogical and bigoted as he's just proven himself to be.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustr View Post
Almost. They can apply for permanent status (Green Card) one year after arriving.
Of which they will be going thru background checks before granted refugee status and again before getting a green card...

If they pass all of that, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to own a gun...
Old 11-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
or how easy it is for criminals, in general, to get their hands on them
Sounds like our fair and balanced Representative is more concerned about how easy it is for someone to get a gun outside th rules . . particularly someone who does not look like him . . scares the NRA out of 'em

Old 12-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #7
Automotive Team

Try Virginia, out idiotic government is passing a bill that makes other states concealed carry permits invalid here.
PLEASE SOMEBODY BUY MY HOUSE FAST SO I CAN GET OUT OF THIS PLACE BEFORE IT KILLS ME.

Lets just alienate the entire country why don't we
Old 12-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen1086 View Post
Try Virginia, out idiotic government is passing a bill that makes other states concealed carry permits invalid here.
PLEASE SOMEBODY BUY MY HOUSE FAST SO I CAN GET OUT OF THIS PLACE BEFORE IT KILLS ME.

Lets just alienate the entire country why don't we
And those 25 States will stop recognizing Virginia CCW permits too...

I think your politician forgot what reciprocity means
Old 12-23-2015, 08:27 PM   #9
Automotive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
And those 25 States will stop recognizing Virginia CCW permits too...

I think your politician forgot what reciprocity means
he's not a politician, he's a communistic traitor to the united states
Old 12-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen1086 View Post
he's a communistic traitor to the united states
Aka a politician
Old 12-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
could there possibly be a better way to keep guns out of the hands of those who have no business with one ? ? ? Nah . . but at least we finally get a Texas Republican to admit it is too easy for anyone to get one

Texas Republican Freaks Out When He Realizes How Easy It Is For Refugees To Buy Guns (VIDEO) ¬ę

Even easier yet:

1. Walk around any/every major or minor city in the US.

2. Watch for groups of "hoods wearing hoodies" or other useless street vermin and observe which alleys and back streets they go to.

3. Follow them into said alley or back street and for quick cash obtain drugs, weapons or stolen merchandise/credit cards, whatever is required.

NO LAW OF ANY KIND WILL EVER STOP THIS KIND OF EASY TRANSACTIONS!

I participated in a gun buy-back program and was able to purchase 10 "street guns" and sell them all for a healthy profit at the friendly neighborhood police tables outside the various malls. I was unemployed at the time and had nothing better to do, so I helped get some illegal weapons off the street while feeding my family legally.

The local LEO's did a similar thing the next year and obtained over 200 street guns in a 3 week span. I think my pep talk after selling the last gun was taken to good advantage.

WIN-WIN!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

ONLY ONE SOLUTION
: Hide your women and children and keep some powder dry!! The less guns in legal hands the higher the crime rate.

SEE:
Gun Ownership - It's The Law In Kennesaw

25 years murder-free in ĎGun Town USAí

Criminals and Jihadists look for "soft targets" like "Gun Free Zones" where they will meet minimal resistance to their nefarious plans!

Did Colorado shooter single out Cinemark theater because it banned guns? | Fox News

Louisiana Shooting: Movie Theater Is A Gun Free Zone - Matt Vespa

Lafayette Theater Is a Gun Free Zone, Bans Firearms for Customers with 'Permits' - Breitbart

WaPo: Gun Violence Declining, Except in Gun-Free Zones

You are 2-3 times MORE LIKELY to be a victim of a mass shooting in a "GUN FREE ZONE!"

I refuse to be a soft target. I may go down, but I will take as many of the "bad guys" as possible with me!! Wear all the body armor you like, my military training taught me the only sure shot is a head shot.....

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Old 12-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

The distinguished gentleman from Texas seems to think it is far too easy to buy a gun . . and who am I to argue guns with a Republican politician from Texas??? Scared the NRA out of that lad!

Closed Thread