Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

The circus is on the road

This is a discussion on The circus is on the road within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Will it make it til November?? I've pretty much been glued to the politics page on the news. Been following

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 08:29 AM   #1
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Will it make it til November??

I've pretty much been glued to the politics page on the news. Been following the tweets of both candidates.....amusing. The trolls in the comments are even more fun to watch. I have never, never seen campaigns such as I am seeing today.

I'm beginning to wonder about Trump. This is hard core campaigning and not a TV 'reality' show. Insults aren't going to cut it but he hasn't learned a thing as his rating goes down the drain. No plans whatsoever other than "trust me".....and doing a triple down on Reaganomics. W is the one who doubled down on that economic plan.
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Trump's economic plan: A reality check
Old 08-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Donald Trump Should Change Tack Or Drop Out: Wall Street Journal

Itís damn-near impossible to make sense of Donald Trumpís many mixed messages these days

Republicans Got Totally Scammed By Donald Trumpís Creation Myth

Can Trump chairman Paul Manafort survive new Ukraine revelations?

More like this: https://news.google.com/news/section...5f08c242d0c397
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #4
Administrator
TSF Manager

Most media outlets won't let Trump get by with anything and it is claimed to be biased reporting. Biased or not, if he makes these statements they do need to be placed in the public eye. I actually did hear many of Trump's speeches and didn't have to rely on news sources.....all I can say is OMG. Never was a big fan of Donald.....caught a little of his TV shows and didn't like what I saw, but I don't like reality programs.

So far this has been the finest muckraking I've ever witnessed. Not really that hard when the major candidates are disliked so much. I don't think either of the candidates can pull more than 50% support from their own parties....

The big contention is 'The Wall'.....not gonna happen.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
Administrator
TSF Manager

OK....that was a post I deleted before actually submitting it. It's about 4-5 weeks old. What I typed today is nowhere to be found. Autosave is doing a splendid job......

I may try later.....or what I typed today will show up.....
Old 09-22-2016, 11:24 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

The Edits show as Aug. 14th. So it reconstituted that post and lost today's? What a remarkable system. Maybe Hillary's lost Emails will reappear on TSF.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:30 AM   #7
Administrator
TSF Manager

That would be a good one......

Today's post must be on Hillary's server.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #8
Administrator
TSF Manager

Not bad.....first debate is in the books and Trump did OK. Not a win but did pretty good. Donald was more civil than I thought he'd be......the new handlers deserve some credit.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #9

I think I'm seeing his plan here... everyone is going to forget the first two debates on the third you are going to see Trump with a calm demeanor (Educated guess) and an October surprise with a low statistical chance a different person same party third term, that millennial non affiliated voters are abandoning Hillary (such a shame that the DNC faught so hard against Bernie) and the hatred of the Clinton Dynasty on the right that will bring out the voters... as much as it pains me... there is a dang good chance Trump is winning this election
Old 09-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #10
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post

... there is a dang good chance Trump is winning this election
If that happens, my wife and I will seriously consider vacating.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:45 AM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Sorry, can't help laughing whenever I see someone post that they're leaving if 'x' wins...
If everyone who ever said that actually did leave, the US housing market would crash again.
I'm non-denominational when it comes to politics, I consider the actual issue without a single thought to which 'religion' proposed it.
My view is that we need a third or even a 4th and 5th party to choose from, the two party system has become far to polarized with people voting on issues simply because their party proposed it.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:51 AM   #12
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

I'm also "non-denominational".

There are only two running that could be possibly be elected.

If we do leave, there will be another five homes going up on the market for sale.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:09 PM   #13
Administrator
TSF Manager

Quote:
After Trump's pre-dawn tweet storm, Clinton backer and former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean told MSNBC: "There is something the matter with him."
Quote:
Some Republican political analysts, meanwhile, shook their heads over Trump's antics.

"He's under a lot of pressure right now and he is not handling it well," said Texas-based GOP consultant Matt Mackowiak. "Attacking the former Miss Universe for an entire week is indefensible."
Trump ensnared in Miss Universe trap Clinton set

I do have to agree with Howard Dean.......but I came to that conclusion during the Republican primaries. Most of the voters are getting tired of career politicians but Trump is not the answer. For someone who can not focus on anything but what he considers as personal attacks shows that he certainly is not presidential material. When a person becomes president, or even nominated for the position, one thing for sure is personal attacks. Clinton baited him good....for all it's worth. Trump still has many supporters and is holding up pretty good in the polls.

Seems Trump had a mic problem at the debate......it picked up the sinus trouble he was having. Some people are wondering why Donald was sniffling so much......it was alot. I was also wondering as I watched the debate. After having two burritos with hot sauce....very hot sauce....I think I know why Donald was in distress. But I sure didn't drink as much water as he did.....
Old 09-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
Registered Member

Thumbs Down

I don't want Hillary as president.... But come on between her and Trump you have to vote for Hillary. No way can we let an ego maniac like Trump control this country. I'm praying he loses...
Old 09-30-2016, 04:40 PM   #15
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoggy187 View Post
I don't want Hillary as president.... But come on between her and Trump you have to vote for Hillary. No way can we let an ego maniac like Trump control this country. I'm praying he loses...
I'm Voting for Scooby with Shaggy as his running mate.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:24 PM   #16
Administrator
TSF Manager

Too many things I don't like about Trump. Do the voters realize what another round of 'Trickle Down' will do to the middle class?? Reagan gave the big companies a huge tax break and they still moved jobs overseas. Many companies don't really pay much in the way of taxes regardless of what tax rate they have.....too many loopholes.

Don't really want to get into the Trump Organization.......I think it's over 500 business entities. Gotta be some kind of 'kiting' going on. Trump Foundation...... Not paying small businesses when contracts are completed because he feels he's already paid enough. Wants a first class job but is only willing to pay peanuts. Married life we don't want to get into, either.

Don't have much choice other than to vote for Hillary and hope 2020 holds better options.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #17
Registered Member

The way this country is headed is bad. Very bad ;-( Middle class? What middle class? And don't ever work over time in this country. The taxes are unreal. Another reason I laugh at sign on bonuses. What a joke ;-( Trump is certainly not the answer. But sadly either is Hillary. And this 15 dollar wage crap. If Mcdonalds is having to pay their employees 15.00 an hour. Their goes the Dollar Menu!!! And don't get me started on Medical care ;-(
Old 10-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #18
Administrator
TSF Manager

Too funny......

RNC declares Pence 'clear winner' of debate before it's even started
Old 10-05-2016, 06:51 AM   #19
TSF Team, Emeritus

The replay of the 2009 Texas v. Oklahoma game was on at the same time so I missed the debacle debate . .

Old 10-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #20
Administrator
TSF Manager

I watched it......the RNC called it kinda early bur IMO they were correct. Complete opposites of their running mates. Kaine came out of his corner swinging and Pence was more composed and threw jabs most of the night. Kaine was far too aggressive......