Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Re the Electorial College

This is a discussion on Re the Electorial College within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Major news outlets began calling the race for Obama a little after 11 p.m., when the polls closed in California.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Major news outlets began calling the race for Obama a little after 11 p.m., when the polls closed in California. Trump initially reacted to the news with resignation, tweeting, "Well, back to the drawing board!"

But only 11 minutes later, he was calling for public insurrection
"We can't let this happen," he tweeted at 11:29 p.m. "We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!"

Preserved here by New York Magazine, we see Trump begin to lash out at the Electoral College, calling it "phoney" and declaring (sic) "the loser one!" Obama, he said in another post, had "lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election."

"We should have a revolution in this country!" Trump blared.

Obama, of course, had not lost the popular vote. Rather, the tallies from out west and some urban centers had not yet trickled in. The incumbent would surpass Romney in the total vote count about two hours later.

But in the meantime, Trump enjoyed 15 minutes of madness:

11:30 p.m.: "Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us."

Then another deleted tweet: "More votes equals a loss...revolution!"

11:33 p.m.: "This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!"

11:39 p.m.: "Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before."

11:43 p.m. "Our nation is a once great nation divided!"

11:45 p.m. "The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy."
Donald Trump told us in 2012 how he would react to 2016 - CNNPolitics.com

Funny how different outcomes affect the opinion . . .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

At 11:39PM he was quite correct...... Anyone who keeps a copy of "My New Order" next to their bed for night-time reading could be a dangerous politician......especially as POTUS.

As for revolution?? The militias were already on standby.

So......the EC is a disaster......unless it works in your favor.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

You have to remember the original reason for the EC was that the writers didn't believe the average person capable of selecting individuals for President so you instead elected people "qualified" to select the right candidate for President and I also believe the same was true for the Senate. Based on my view of the last few elections, I am beginning to believe the Founding Fathers were quite right more especially for today making me an even stronger believer now in strict constructionism.

I felt further correct when Michael Moore so wisely asked if Democrats really want to win why don't they pick popular heroes who can win the election because of how well known they are, especially since people never seem to chose the candidate for the right reasons anyway. He suggested next time we should run Tom Hanks or George Clooney if we really want to win. A stellar idea!

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Donald Trump told us in 2012 how he would react to 2016 - CNNPolitics.com

Funny how different outcomes affect the opinion . . .
She will say anything, and change nothing ~Obama 2008 about Hillary

Politicians are dumb
Old 12-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

The vote is done. Trump, 304 with two voting for one each, Kasich and Ron Paul.

clinton, 226 with three votes cast for Colin Powell and one vote cast for Faith Spotted Eagle.

All the hubbub the liberals showed was for not. The electors votes went almost exactly as it should with 6 voters dissenting.

President Trump. MAGA!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:09 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
President Trump. MAGA!
Will be interesting to see what you guys have to say about Trump a year from now . .

Old 12-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

My System

The Democrats have 4 years to come up with a serious candidate that every democrat can get behind.
I know many lifelong democrats who couldn't get behind Hillary because of her 'past achievements' that she was touting as great reasons to vote for her. The message I got from most of the 30+ democrat friends and coworkers was 'Anyone but her.

Edit:\
and to cheer everyone up, so we don't need a 'safe place', I got a new puppy mutt:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oh hello.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	297977  
Old 12-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

I would be willing the bet the Bernie voters who realized she screwed him out of an easy victory, didn't vote at all, I almost didn't and I have never missed an election.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

My System

That's my thought as well, if Sanders had run it would have been a very easy win
Old 12-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #10
Administrator
TSF Manager

Quote:
Will be interesting to see what you guys have to say about Trump a year from now . .
Won't make a bit of difference with the sTrumpets....he can do no wrong in their eyes. He's filled his cabinet with many billionaires and his sheep think they will go to work for the common man...... "The Art of The Deal".....America has been conned bigly. MAGA = Make Americans Grovel Again.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:52 PM   #11
TSF Team, Emeritus

I'm thinking Trump is not going to meet with the approval of Leo and the Fringe for very long. . . He has conned them into overlooking the fact that he is a Democrat, who ran as a Republican . . He wants to spend more money than Obama did, and we were in the depth of a recession when he came into office.

The debt will get no lower . . deficits will probably significantly increase . . spending will soar . . "Repeal and rewrite" has now become "repeal and rename" ACA . .

MTGA . . .

Old 12-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

I'm thinking the global economy is going to crash before he gets a chance to do anything substantial. Yellen planning on 3 interest rate increases next year is going to take the wind out of a lot of things.

Better than anything I would expect from clinton
Old 12-20-2016, 03:25 PM   #13
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

All solid points my namesake and not only was he a Democrat all his life but he was a liberal Democrat as well.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #14
Administrator
TSF Manager

Leo and company will be happy with whatever Trump does....he can do no wrong. Deficit...who cares. The Donald embraces debt....it's his friend.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #15
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo G View Post
I'm thinking the global economy is going to crash before he gets a chance to do anything substantial. Yellen planning on 3 interest rate increases next year is going to take the wind out of a lot of things.

Better than anything I would expect from clinton
Nonsense . . three more interest hikes will bring the fed rate rate up to 1.5% . . hardly high enough to cause even a ripple in the economy. "Normal, would be 2 - 3%

It's going to be interesting to see if he improves the Unemployment rate, which the fringe has whined about for 8 years since Bush drove it to almost 10%

Old 12-20-2016, 03:41 PM   #16
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post
Leo and company will be happy with whatever Trump does....he can do no wrong. Deficit...who cares. The Donald embraces debt....it's his friend.
OPM he calls it . .

Old 12-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #17
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Nonsense . . three more interest hikes will bring the fed rate rate up to 1.5% . . hardly high enough to cause even a ripple in the economy. "Normal, would be 2 - 3%

It's going to be interesting to see if he improves the Unemployment rate, which the fringe has whined about for 8 years since Bush drove it to almost 10%
I'm waiting for the MSM to change over to the U6 numbers to show how high the Trump unemployment numbers really are.

If you think that Trump is a dem then why are you so adamant against his being elected?

All I want from Trump is a constitutionalist supreme court pick. And hopefully one or two more if possible. That will keep the supreme court where they are suppose to be.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:49 PM   #18
TSF Team, Emeritus

I'm waiting for the Fringies to defend Trumps stimulus spending and how great it is that the Unemployment rate has not changed since his inauguration and that U6 really does not mean much.

Faux News will be touting how great it is that he used Other Peoples' Money ( Debt ) to finance his stimulus program and how fantastic his Roberts clone appointments to SCOTUS are, but that they betrayed the country by not striking down same sex marriage and voting to allow reasonable restrictions on gun purchases!

Quote:
If you think that Trump is a dem then why are you so adamant against his being elected?
You have not figured out yet that I am not a Democrat???

Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 PM   #19
Vetustior Humo

The last three secretary of energy have all been PhD's, one was a Nobel laureate. Trump's? D student Rick Perry. I guess if you want to surround yourself with yes men he's a brilliant choice. OTOH if you want someone who knows anything about energy...almost anyone else, and I do mean almost anyone, would have been a better choice.

It's going to be an interesting 2 years...as in the curse: may you live in interesting times.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:50 PM   #20
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm waiting for the Fringies to defend Trumps stimulus spending and how great it is that the Unemployment rate has not changed since his inauguration and that U6 really does not mean much.

Faux News will be touting how great it is that he used Other Peoples' Money ( Debt ) to finance his stimulus program and how fantastic his Roberts clone appointments to SCOTUS are, but that they betrayed the country by not striking down same sex marriage and voting to allow reasonable restrictions on gun purchases!

You have not figured out yet that I am not a Democrat???
From all that I've seen from your posting, you don't act like a right leaning person. Closest I would say you are is a RINO.
Closed Thread