Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Poor ol' Rick is pickin' but not grinnin'

This is a discussion on Poor ol' Rick is pickin' but not grinnin' within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott began dismantling a flagship initiative of his predecessor Thursday, saying he will abolish Rick Perry's pet

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Republican Gov. Greg Abbott began dismantling a flagship initiative of his predecessor Thursday, saying he will abolish Rick Perry's pet program that gave $200 million in taxpayer dollars to Texas startups and was beset by bankruptcies and questionable claims of success.

The decision was not surprising. Abbott signaled throughout his campaign that the Texas Emerging Technology Fund troubled him ideologically, but problems with the decade-old program ran deeper than new Republican distaste for governments "picking winners and losers" in the private sector.

Texas lost tens of millions of dollars investing in failed high-risk startups and the fund's inner workings largely were kept from public view. An Associated Press investigation last year revealed undisclosed troubles with state-funded companies that had stagnated, didn't file tax reports and made questionable job-creation claims.
Take monies away from our schools and piss it away trying to build "tha base" for a run at the Presidency

Perry's pet fund for Texas startups a goner under Abbott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD help Windows 7 64 bit
Over the last months I have had different BSOD's. I have little time have not been really been able to post information, but today I have some time finally (plus getting tired of it). Could you help me out identifying what the driver, hardware, problem is? Thanks so much in advance! ...
HardTrance9 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 24 02-18-2014 06:01 PM
[SOLVED] 4 BSOD / 3 diff. causes
Hello, This one is pretty insidious. Got 4 BSOD's over the course of 16 days. All of these occur while using Google Chrome, immediately after clicking on a link/sending a request. Two are BAD_POOL_HEADER, WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT (chrome.exe). One is CACHE_MANAGER, WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT (System). One...
periculum BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 07-01-2013 07:21 AM
Serious memory leak in nonpaged pool (Irp tag)
I have a serious memory leak in nonpaged pool, which happen to be Irp packets. Here is the whole story. The system is Win7 Ultimate x64 which I primarily use to host some VirtualBox VMs. Around beginning of May I noticed that the box started to lock up and it was rock solid for almost a year...
Rafcio Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 10-05-2012 08:49 PM
Cannot Get A New Relative Identifiers Pool (SBS2003)
Hello! I'm having some difficulty in getting the RID pool to allocate more RIDs for new users and computers in SBS2003. Here's the situation in brief: Our company has a Domain Controller on an SBS2003 installation. Before I started at the company, we had another DC that is no longer in...
agallegos Windows Servers 6 06-08-2011 03:03 PM