Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Perfect example

This is a discussion on Perfect example within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Rudy Giuliani dished out some tough talk Wednesday night when he reportedly questioned President Obama’s policies -- and patriotism --

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 06:04 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Rudy Giuliani dished out some tough talk Wednesday night when he reportedly questioned President Obama’s policies -- and patriotism -- during a private fundraiser for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. But the former New York mayor clarified his comments Thursday morning on Fox News.

“What I am saying, is in his rhetoric, I very rarely hear him say the things I used to hear Ronald Reagan say, the things I used to hear Bill Clinton say about how much he loves America,” Giuliani said. “I do hear him criticize America much more often than other American presidents. And when it’s not in the context of an overwhelming number of statements about the exceptionalism of America, it sounds like he is more of a critic than he is a supporter.”

He said he didn't mean to question Obama's patriotism.

During Wednesday’s fundraiser at the upscale 21 Club in Manhattan, Giuliani told a group of 60 business executives and conservative media figures that he does “not believe that the president loves America,” Politico reported.

“He doesn’t love you. And he doesn’t love me. He wasn’t brought up the way you were brought up and I was brought up through love of this country,” Giuliani said Wednesday, according to the report.
Perfect example of why the party is in the situation it is in now . . They gather in small groups, (understandably assuming no one with half a brain would be listening ) spew out all the nonsense that it takes to get the Lunatic Fringe to pay attention and nod approvingly, then when it gets out in the public, scramble to take it all back.

Then wonder why they have lost the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 National Elections

Doesn't 'love' America? Giuliani clarifies Obama patriotism comments | Fox News

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 04:10 AM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

It gets even better........Giuliani: Obama Had a White Mother, So I’m Not a Racist

So.......if Obama had a black mother would that mean Rudy is a racist?? I love these Freudian Slips that show the true nature of most Republicans who would appear much smarter if they wouldn't speak in public.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
— ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Old 02-21-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You can teach a child to speak, you can teach them to read. Teaching them to understand the meaning or use either ability is much more complex and some will never get the hang of it.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

And there you encapsulate the Republican dilemma precisely. . how do they get a message to the extremist elements without the other 80 % of the voters hearing it as well? ? ( who can forget the famous 47% speech made in what was thought to be a "private" setting )

They are moving towards limiting the audiences for their primaries that the extremists control, by not allowing them on any media other than the house organ . . That way, they can rant the nonsense that the extremists want to hear, but not let the rest of us in on the joke.

Jindal ( for one ) does not like that and is kicking sand in their faces, but they will have to find some way to limit the damage they do while appeasing the extremists

They have a long row to hoe ! !

Old 02-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #5
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

It's getting so funny that's it really not funny at all. I used to maintain a 'center aisle posture' and carefully considered the various candidates and positions. I've moved a tad bit to the left to get away from the stench.