Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Payrolls in U.S. Increased More Than Forecast in November

This is a discussion on Payrolls in U.S. Increased More Than Forecast in November within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Employers added more jobs than forecast in November, underscoring Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen’s confidence that the U.S. economy is

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Employers added more jobs than forecast in November, underscoring Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen’s confidence that the U.S. economy is strong enough to withstand higher borrowing costs.

The 211,000 increase in payrolls followed a 298,000 gain in October that was bigger than previously estimated, a Labor Department report showed Friday. The median forecast called for a 200,000 advance. The jobless rate held at a more than seven-year low of 5 percent.
Quote:
Employee pay increased at a steady pace last month. Average hourly earnings at private employers rose 0.2 percent in November after a 0.4 percent gain. Year-over-year hourly pay rose 2.3 percent after a 2.5 percent gain a month earlier.
Quote:
The labor force participation rate -- the share of working-age people who are employed or looking for work -- rose to 62.5 percent from 62.4 percent.
Pretty much a lead pipe chinch of the Fed raising the discount rate later this month!

Payrolls in U.S. Increased More Than Forecast in November - Bloomberg Business

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #2
Vetustior Humo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Pretty much a lead pipe chinch of the Fed raising the discount rate later this month!

Payrolls in U.S. Increased More Than Forecast in November - Bloomberg Business
Of course. ...just when I'm in the home selling / buying market.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

. . you are like me and gas prices! !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Fine but before we go crazy with this we need to realize two things. The number of people who have left the job market and giving up looking is very high so we really have no idea what the real unemployment numbers really are. And the average wage today is now at about $15 an hour I just heard Robert Reich on CNBC quote this, and that means that we have a really large number of low paying jobs in these so called great numbers, a big change from before 2008.
The poor unworkable political climate is probably most to blame and yet we have an even more pharsical cast of characters applying for top elected positions in this country's electoral challenge coming up and honestly IMHO, there is not a Presidential candidate with the possible exception of John Casich who has 0 chance of winning, who can guide us out of this mess.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:24 PM   #5
Gone | Not Forgotten

That is John Kasich, I too think he could do a good job.

Granted more people are working, but for less money.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Janet Yellen was asked about that yest3rday at the Congressional Zoo Hearings. They have a pretty good handle on the numbers who have given up looking and part-timers ( E6 ) . . That level of 9.8% is higher than it was in most of the 2000's, and has been going steadily down since 2010 ( when it was17.4 %).

The Fed seemed less concerned with that than they are with inflation ( the lack thereof ) and wage growth.

The labor force participation rate is a function of demographics and the ageing baby boomers ( you and me! ). She did not seem to put much weight on that measure. ( First time I have heard the Fed say that )

E6 is not where we would like to see it, but it is close to the numbers prior to the Great Recession

U6 Unemployment Rate | MacroTrends

Old 12-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

John Kasich looks good to me as well . . but with the GOP mired down in the primaries which are nothing more than panderings to the lunatic Fringe, a reasonable candidate has no chance of getting to the general election, and, as we have seen, whoever survives the clown shows has no chance of surviving a general election.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:46 AM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustr View Post
Of course. ...just when I'm in the home selling / buying market.
Indications are that the banks and lenders have already factored in the Fed rate decision and that there should be little effect

Old 01-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #9
Automotive Team

My issue is the second part that has the word increase, the only increase in things I see is prices, my paycheck actually went Down because of my....01% pay increase
Closed Thread