Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Obama is on Vacation

This is a discussion on Obama is on Vacation within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've actually heard people say that Obama needs to come back to Washington because of the cop shooting. I'll be

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I've actually heard people say that Obama needs to come back to Washington because of the cop shooting.

I'll be the first to say I don't like him and that I believe he is destroying this Country... but come on, he still deserves a break. And while this cop shooting(based from the riots) is disturbing and heartbreaking. I don't see why he needs to be involved. Even so, why can't he do it from there?
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
Gone | Not Forgotten

I don't mind him and family being on vacation at all. However not on the tax payer dime.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 12-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

I agree....LESS government control and LESS taxes, that's how it should be. People work hard for their money and "EARNED" their money...they should be able to keep it. The problem with the government is that they tax hard-working americans like me too much and in addition, they try to run people's lives.

Government should be there to PROTECT the people.....NOT run their lives. Also, the government should leave the FREE-MARKET alone.....let the people decide the price. Plenty of companies took their business somewhere else because the government imposes too much regulations and taxes unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
Gone | Not Forgotten

This thread IS not about gov't control or Free Market.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:00 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Hi there,

I agree....LESS government control and LESS taxes, that's how it should be. People work hard for their money and "EARNED" their money...they should be able to keep it. The problem with the government is that they tax hard-working americans like me too much and in addition, they try to run people's lives.

Government should be there to PROTECT the people.....NOT run their lives. Also, the government should leave the FREE-MARKET alone.....let the people decide the price. Plenty of companies took their business somewhere else because the government imposes too much regulations and taxes unfortunately.
I agree with your comments but they are out of place here.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:04 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warborg View Post
I've actually heard people say that Obama needs to come back to Washington because of the cop shooting.

I'll be the first to say I don't like him and that I believe he is destroying this Country... but come on, he still deserves a break. And while this cop shooting(based from the riots) is disturbing and heartbreaking. I don't see why he needs to be involved. Even so, why can't he do it from there?
Haters hate . . Whiners whine . . .

If he came back, the whiners would whine that he should stay out of it . . If he does not come back, they will whine that he did not . .

When you have no new ideas, hating and whining is all you have

Old 01-11-2015, 05:10 AM   #7
Automotive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basementgeek View Post
I don't mind him and family being on vacation at all. However not on the tax payer dime.

BG
Then you don;t lie every presidents vacation :)
Or the Vp, or the congress or the senate............etc (on and on and on)
Old 01-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #8
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Presidents are federal employees too and while they don't have a fixed number of vacation days are entitled to a paid vacation. Remember too that even on vacation they still get briefed on major world events so most of their vacations are at least partially "working." Finally, even though they are the figurehead of the administration it's really not incumbent upon them to act as the nation's nanny and be there to emotionally kiss every boo boo.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #9
Automotive Team

obamas main vacation problem is he's always on some sort of vacation it seems
Closed Thread