Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

National Debt

This is a discussion on National Debt within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Yesterday I did something for the 1st time ever. I took an idea that I knew to apply to people's

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
Troubled

Yesterday I did something for the 1st time ever. I took an idea that I knew to apply to people's personal finances and apply it to the Federal Government. It's called the "Income to Debt Ratio", which if you've never thought of such a thing, it condenses the "severity" of debt to a single number which can then be compared to other Income to Debt Ratios for comparison purposes etc...

So I looked up how much money the Federal Government "makes" in tax revenues and it's roughly 4 trillion dollars a year. And we're 20 trillion dollars in debt, which gives us an income to debt ratio of 5 to 1 (Our total debt is five times our yearly income.)

One reason why the average american doesn't know this, or understand it, is because it's in "trillions" and that number is unfathomable to most people, however the ratio number is much simpler and can be applied in lots of different places, which is what I did.

I applied it to the average american.

So say your household income is $75,000. Not stupendously high, but not starving either. If you made $75K, and you had a debt ratio of 5:1, you'd be $375,000 in debt. And if you applied 100% of your yearly income to the principal of that debt (and not the interest), it would take you five years to pay off that debt.

Does anyone think the United States is going to live off of "0" dollars per year for 5 years?

People that are $375,000 in debt, and actively planning to go even deeper into debt (due to structured commitments for things like entitlements), do not magically wake up one morning with a dead uncle and an inheritance that pays off their debt. They go bankrupt instead.

No one (no politician) is talking about this. They can't. It's the 3rd rail of politics. You can't talk about the debt without having a solution, and the only solutions are A) Reduce spending, B) Increase tax revenues (by increasing taxes, usually) or C) Both. And sound financial manager will tell you that people that are deeply in debt need to do both.

The United States is planning on doing neither.

Here's the point:

Bankruptcy will mean Civil War, will mean the end of American Democracy, and more than likely it will be replaced by some sort of fascist government. We see the seeds of White Nationalism already. Hitler memes and unashamed racists and bigots not afraid to advocate for these things openly. My point is that, unless something RADICAL and DIFFERENT is done, Civil War and an American fascist government is inevitable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

The difference between the National Debt and Personal/Corporate debt is that the national Debt will never be paid off. While it is commonly called "debt" it is really more like investments in the United States. . . something between stock and bonds.

Nothing is inevitable!

Old 10-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #3
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
The difference between the National Debt and Personal/Corporate debt is that the national Debt will never be paid off. While it is commonly called "debt" it is really more like investments in the United States. . . something between stock and bonds.
Lots of personal debt and corporate debt never gets "paid off". People go personally bankrupt, leaving their debts unpaid, and corporations go bankrupt, leaving their debt unpaid, and countries go bankrupt too, and "negotiate" with their debtors. There's at least one city in California that went bankrupt, Orange County is bankrupt, I think. I don't see any of this "difference" you've glossed over. I think you just don't want to face the fact that eventually the money runs out, and then someone, maybe not you, but someone, has to face harsh reality.

It's easy to write checks with someone else's money. And it's easy to redefine the words used in common language when the logic of the statements that were made using those words is inarguable. No disrespect, but the whole post has a strong leftist vibe of wishful thinking and overcoming reality through sheer force of will.

What's real is that there are millions of multigenerational parasites dependent upon government, who are for various, and probably genetic (drug addiction, mental illness, and hard-coded character defects, i.e. "animals") reasons will never work and earn more than what it costs the state to sustain them. What happens when the money runs out, and the money that used to fund the welfare-dependent parasites is being used to pay (only) the interest on the National Debt? They aren't going to suddenly grow a spine and achieve Maslow's self-actualization, realize the error of their ways, "find Jesus" and start earning their way through life. We already see them rioting and looting in the streets, wearing masks to cover their faces, every time one of "their own" is necessarily and justifiably killed by the Police.

Those rioters are well-fed, and have a place to live and also money for beer, cigarettes and marijuana.

What do those people do when all the free money runs out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2016, 06:01 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
I think you just don't want to face the fact that eventually the money runs out, and then someone, maybe not you, but someone, has to face harsh reality.
Think again . .

Old 10-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #5
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

"What's real is that there are millions of multigenerational parasites dependent upon government, who are for various, and probably genetic (drug addiction, mental illness, and hard-coded character defects, i.e. "animals") reasons will never work and earn more than what it costs the state to sustain them. What happens when the money runs out, and the money that used to fund the welfare-dependent parasites is being used to pay (only) the interest on the National Debt? They aren't going to suddenly grow a spine and achieve Maslow's self-actualization, realize the error of their ways, "find Jesus" and start earning their way through life. We already see them rioting and looting in the streets, wearing masks to cover their faces, every time one of "their own" is necessarily and justifiably killed by the Police."

I see this as a well worded literate justification for the problem of our national debt but in reality fiscal insanity blaming the $360 billion $ spent on various types of welfare in US, for the financial end of this country. Believe me there are other areas that deserve far more attention. Are there abuses within the system, of course there are but lets justify the existence of the problem by talking about all the causes, to avoid the inevitable charge of bigotry, ok?

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:43 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Solution = Zero Based Budgeting.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-M View Post
I see this as a well worded literate justification for the problem of our national debt but in reality fiscal insanity blaming the $360 billion $ spent on various types of welfare in US, for the financial end of this country. Believe me there are other areas that deserve far more attention. Are there abuses within the system, of course there are but lets justify the existence of the problem by talking about all the causes, to avoid the inevitable charge of bigotry, ok?
Sorry but autoreflexive allegations of politically incorrect thought are no longer an effective means of silencing discussion and debate, and in this new alternative climate, they instead signal a pathological desire to remain delusionally blue-pilled. Which is fine for those that have no concerns for their own survival, or the survival of their family and loved ones. In the coming times of scarcity, the more that choose to adopt obsolete and self-destructive belief systems will relieve competitive pressure for resources when they die. In short, you can go ahead and believe that. Your belief system does not offend me, although I suspect the opposite is not the case. However I would like to annotate an evolutionary milestone I passed just last night, when I suddenly realized the arrogance many people are afflicted with when the presume first to establish what is and is not politically correct thought (without any regard to whether or not they are even qualified), and second to then demand that others, perfect strangers, in fact, must think as they proscribe.

I've learned to forgive this, as I have learned that we all red-pill at different rates, if at all. It's a new day, now, where limiting one's concerns to that which is most important to one's self, and not as the (fictional) "community" attempts to command.

Further, the "problem" is not, and cannot be "parsed" by assigning blame to one segment or demographic or another. I merely chose to use the previously "protected" classes of people to illustrate what the consequences of actively rejecting every single foundational principal of Western Civilization have been. And those wealthy neo-conservative Republicans will not be raiding your neighborhood and then retreating to the safe confines of their gated communities. Instead it will be the overly-promoted and propagandized "poor" that will be attempting to murder you and your family in order to maintain their selfish, hedonistic and parasitic existence, which is centered on the previously mentioned chemicals alcohol, tobacco and marijuana. And, in case someone is wondering, this is no stereotype. They live right across the street from me, several entire families. Too many people have firm opinions of the noble nature of "the poor" that can only survive due to the fact that they live safely far away from them.

Again my point is that things are different now, and will be even more different. In times of scares resources, it is absolutely fair and reasonable to take into consideration someone's "community value" before giving them resources that might be otherwise better (more efficient, more moral) expended on someone else.

Do you feed a newborn child, or the 40 year old idle, pot-smoking drunkard who has never had a job and performed no useful activity in his entire life, save to replicate himself thereby draining the community of yet even more resource. Today, as you seem to believe, it's not an "either/or" decision. My point is that someday it WILL be, and I obviously choose the infant with all of it's potential over the known quantity of the life-long (and unrepentant) parasite. I'm an advance planner, and this is what's coming.

Traditionally, communities have ALWAYS held many parts of the parasitic classes in contempt. Behind every elderly woman that is incapable of work, there is a perfectly healthy alcoholic son, that refuses to do so. Our automated method of legislating compassion and our computerized code of morals and ethics prevent even the most general condemnation of this unnamed and undescribed reprobate. There are too many well-fed "poor" willing to rise to that malignant personalities' defense, because they see themselves as next in line for targeting and derision. And they are correct. Gluttony is a sin for a reason, and in times of scarcity the glutton will consume the infant's daily ration and allow them to starve.

Again, things are changing, and they will continue to change. The current, failed, system of self-governance will fail, and the US will either restructure itself as a true Republic and exclude from democratic participation those that have clearly by their failures (20 trillion of them) demonstrated that their ability to vote means the death of us all, or we'll skip the "Weimar Republic" stage and leap straight to a fascist form of government that skips all the unnecessary and expensive niceties of a constitutional government and instead gets busy doing the most important basics of government, which IMO is to identify that part of the population that produces for and sustains the country, and protect it (by whatever means convenient) from the very existence of the self-destructive, and community-destroying underclass.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

"Do you feed a newborn child, or the 40 year old idle, pot-smoking drunkard who has never had a job and performed no useful activity in his entire life, save to replicate himself thereby draining the community of yet even more resource.

"Traditionally, communities have ALWAYS held many parts of the parasitic classes in contempt."

Aha thanks for confirmation, bigotry by another name.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #9
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-M View Post
Aha thanks for confirmation, bigotry by another name.
I already covered this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dindu_Nuffins View Post
Sorry but autoreflexive allegations of politically incorrect thought are no longer an effective means of silencing discussion and debate, and in this new alternative climate, they instead signal a pathological desire to remain delusionally blue-pilled.
That doesn't work anymore. It just makes people wonder about why you choose to involve yourself in a discussion that you don't contribute anything towards.

However, to give you the benefit of the doubt, here's the definition of the word, your word, "bigot":
Bigot | Bigot Definition by Merriam-Webster

Quote:
: a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)
I'd be interested in seeing you try to connect the definition of this word to what I've posted in this thread. Also, FYI, the entirety of the Alt-Right is more or less founded on the idea that people that use these types of inflammatory epithets as a means of unifying popular sentiment against individuals with controversial, unpopular or politically incorrect opinions need to be stopped, or at least ignored.

Not that I have an issue with it. As I mentioned, we all red pill at different rates, if at all. People are welcome to continue to attempt to use the same failed methods to solve their self-created problems, each time expecting a different result. At some point, it's the definition of insanity, but for the most part, most people eventually learn.
Old 10-07-2016, 09:00 AM   #10
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

You actually admit to being bigoted against ("Do you feed a newborn child, or the 40 year old idle, pot-smoking drunkard who has never had a job and performed no useful activity in his entire life, save to replicate himself thereby draining the community of yet even more resource) pot smokers, alcoholics, and the unemployed in one sentence.
You also admit you are bigoted against anyone again against anyone state supported regardless of the reason. Squirm wriggle and pontificate all you like, I made my case.
I choose Wikopedia who says the following:
"The English noun bigot is a term of abuse aimed at a prejudiced or closed-minded person, especially one who is intolerant or hostile towards different social groups (especially, and originally, other religious groups), and especially one whose own beliefs are perceived as unreasonable or excessively narrow-minded, ..."

Closed Thread