Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Microsoft has a new mission statement and is about to make a few tough choices

This is a discussion on Microsoft has a new mission statement and is about to make a few tough choices within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The end of Microsoft's fiscal year occurs on June 30th and it's around this time that we see the company

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Quote:
The end of Microsoft's fiscal year occurs on June 30th and it's around this time that we see the company make large changes to its organizational structure as it prepares for the year ahead. With the company already announcing that a few executives will be leaving the company, Satya Nadella has sent out a company wide email with a new mission statement.

Going forward, Microsoft's new mission statement is to "empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more". This statement reflects the theme the company has been using to position itself as the productivity company for the world. What's more interesting about the letter, which is posted below in full text, is that Nadella says there are tough choices ahead for the company.

Specifically, he says "make some tough choices in areas where things are not working " and if you have been following the Microsoft narrative the past few months, it would seem as if he is referring to the acquisition of the Nokia assets.
Microsoft has a new mission statement and is about to make a few tough choices

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #2
Vetustior Humo

In other words - Google and Apple are kicking out butts in mobile computing software so we'll focus elsewhere.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:41 AM   #3

They finally learned to say "I quit"

This is good, perhaps they can invest it into actual innovation instead of trying to take market shares of an already dominated market.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

I'll preface this by saying I don't care about the consoles, exclusives are anti-consumer.

I think Microsoft should get out of the hardware business with the consoles and the phones. Maybe they should just focus on good software on phones but look at all the examples that failed. Zune failed, windows phones are few and far between and I never feel sorry for lack of apps and functionality.

The xbox one is almost a PC with a custom x86 set of hardware that sits between the power of a laptop and desktop with a modern GPU. Just put the games on windows, well the few that are exclusive and sink that console.

I could the windows phone going goodbye but microsoft has a history of crappy phones with I think the last batch of phones being okay if not good but a very small market share. It would be wishful thinking to hope that all exclusives on a console would come on a PC. They've invested too much money and I'm sure they sucker the consumer out with paid online and the really expensive games on XBone.

This is just a long rant and I'm sure microsoft is way bigger than what I think it is. Cutting losses is not a simple decision with major consequences down the road.

https://folding.stanford.edu
If you have a problem, PM me and I'll respond in the thread you made.
power-supply-information-selection
Nvidia Drivers ATI drivers Direct X
Old 07-04-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
Troubled

There is a chance MS will acquire AMD (more than Nokia IMO) and should that happen not only will it help the Xbox but also they will take profit from PS4 sales as both use AMD hardware.
Closed Thread