Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

McCarthy admits Benghazi hearings are political

This is a discussion on McCarthy admits Benghazi hearings are political within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. McCarthy, considered the front-runner to replace retiring Speaker John Boehner, made the remarks in an interview with Fox News' Sean

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
McCarthy, considered the front-runner to replace retiring Speaker John Boehner, made the remarks in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity Tuesday night. Describing how he would be different as speaker, McCarthy, R-Calif., said he'd be a "conservative speaker that takes a conservative Congress that puts a strategy to fight and win."

He added: "And let me give you one example. Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's un-trustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened had we not ..."
. . as if anyone ever thought they were anything else . . .

Dems accuse GOP Leader McCarthy of admitting Benghazi panel is political | Fox News

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Can you say Ann Richards??

The smear campaigns have been going on for many years......they're the only things keeping the Republicans alive these days. They have nothing to go on, offer no solutions that will help the American people, and rely on nothing but dirt. It's gotten far worse once they started getting people to drink the tea......and they call themselves patriots.......
Old 10-01-2015, 06:51 AM   #3

That sounds more like he was describing, in his mind, that an unintended consequence was Hillary's poll numbers dropping (and rightfully so, she is a very very horrible person)

But with the gotchya headlines and questions you can see twisting of words to suit your narative i.e. Planned Parenthood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

It's pretty clear that the unintended consequence was his blurting out the real reason for the hearings . . . ( Does anyone really not know what they are doing?? )

It does not bother me that the hearings have hurt her polling. . I do not want to see another Clinton in the Whitehouse any more than I want to see another Bush there . . what does bother me is that the GOP is squandering time and money on a political witch hunt . .

If they are so incensed over needless loss of life in the Benghazi attack, why are they not looking at the needless loss of life in Iraq and the drummed up reasons for the invasion there???

Old 10-01-2015, 07:21 AM   #5

I.E. Planned Parenthood
Old 10-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Did you watch those hearings? . . Poor ol' Chaftez puts up a chart that he does not know where the numbers came from and got shown up for the half wit that he is . .

Another total waste of time and money . . while they were holding the hearings, the funding was being approved

Old 10-01-2015, 11:06 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Did you watch those hearings? . . Poor ol' Chaftez puts up a chart that he does not know where the numbers came from and got shown up for the half wit that he is . .

Another total waste of time and money . . while they were holding the hearings, the funding was being approved
It's a twisting of what one person said to fit the narrative...
Old 10-01-2015, 12:09 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

It was a chart that he first said he put together, then when it was pointed out that it had the name of a anti abortion group on it he fumbles around and said he would find out where the numbers came from.

I would expect a Senator to understand the charts he puts up . . it's not like he is just some poster on a forum who knows only what he hears

Old 10-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

GOP staffer fired from the House panel investigating Benghazi attacks

Quote:
A Republican staffer from the House Select Committee on Benghazi has been fired after he says he developed concerns about the politicized nature of the panel’s investigation.

The criticism from an experienced Republican intelligence investigator comes amid growing Democratic Party complaints that the special committee was on a mission to undermine former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton and her bid for the presidency.
Quote:
The ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Adam B. Schiff (Calif.), called for an end to the committee on Saturday.

“Only by ending this expensive and politicized investigation can we begin to undo the damage already done through this unprecedented use of Congress’s power for nakedly political purposes.”
Starting to unravel???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...699_story.html

Old 10-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

CIA shrugs off Clinton’s “classified” email

Quote:
The credibility of the Republican-led Benghazi committee came under fresh attack Sunday after the CIA informed the panel that it does not view a 2011 email forwarded by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton as including any classified information. The committee chairman, Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., had cited Clinton’s handling of the March 18, 2011, email as a prime example of her misusing her private email server to receive and send highly classified information.

The email was sent by her close friend and adviser Sidney Blumenthal and forwarded by Clinton to an aide. It contained the “name of a human source” for the CIA in Libya and was therefore “some of the most protected information in our intelligence community, the release of which could jeopardize not only national security but human lives,” Gowdy wrote in an Oct. 7 letter.

But late Saturday night, a CIA official informed the committee that the agency does not view that email, among 127 previously undisclosed messages sent by Blumenthal to Clinton that the panel plans to release this week, as having any portions that need to be redacted because they include classified information.

The CIA finding prompted Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the panel’s ranking Democrat, to demand that Gowdy publicly apologize for his “irresponsible” allegation. It was, he charged in a letter released Sunday morning, further evidence that the GOP-led committee is making false charges “in order to attack Secretary Clinton for political reasons.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/cia-s...243022390.html

Old 10-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #11
Administrator
TSF Manager

I knew full well it was nothing more than politics when they set an open-ended date for the investigation committee back in May of 2014. Right on cue, things are heating up as presidential campaigns are getting under way.

At this point in time, the Conservatives have 0 credibility IMO. When do they open up an investigation on the CIA now that they didn't hear what they wanted to hear??
Old 10-19-2015, 09:46 AM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

As me sainted Moother would say . . These guys could not manage a whorehouse on a troopship . . .

Old 10-19-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
Administrator
TSF Manager

Made my day......

The sad part is your dear mother is absolutely correct.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #14
TSF Team, Emeritus

By way of an example:

Quote:
The Republican-led House Select Committee on Benghazi hastily deleted the name of a high-level Libyan defector from one of its public releases on Monday, shortly after Yahoo News reported the panel had inadvertently revealed the defector’s name in an effort to embarrass Hillary Clinton.

The disclosure, followed by the quick wiping out of the name of ex-Libyan foreign minister Moussa Koussa (who had defected and become a source for the CIA on Libya), once again put the panel on the defensive on the eve of Thursday’s slated testimony from Clinton.

The incident was especially awkward for GOP chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy because just two weeks ago he had sought to make an issue over Clinton’s handling of an email that contained Koussa’s name.

At the time, Gowdy said, an email sent to Clinton on March 18, 2011, by her longtime friend and adviser Sidney Blumenthal contained the “name of a human source” for the CIA and was therefore “some of the most protected information in our intelligence community.”
'We need to punish Sec. Clinton for doing less damage than we did' . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/house...200901550.html

Old 10-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #15
Administrator
TSF Manager

I'm waiting to see what happens on Thursday.

I don't want to see Hillary in the WH, either. But.....the last thing I ever want to see at this point in time is another Conservative in control. OK....a Conservative would be fine......but they died off years ago.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:01 PM   #16
Administrator
TSF Manager

It's Thursday......the witch hunt is underway. Missed the 1st round and just finished up on the 2nd.....pretty pathetic and I'm not seeing anything new.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #17
TSF Team, Emeritus

First round was a hoot . . Gowdy starts off by saying the hearings are about the attack in Benghazi not about emails . . not about politics . . then spends all of his time whining about emails and the others attack her on politics!

It seemed like the Republicans did not talk to each other before hand . . the Dems are pretty consistent that it is a political witch hunt

Gowdy and Cummings looked to be close to a fist fight at one time. . .

Old 10-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #18
TSF Team, Emeritus

Two observations:

They just called for a ten minute break . . the only thing these clowns could do in ten minutes is take a week vacation.

It is clear why all these lawyers ran for congress . . Cardinal Rule in trials is to never ask a question you do not know the answer to . . some of these clowns are asking questions that they do not even understand the question!

Old 10-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #19
Vetustior Humo

Just ended...11 hours later. GMAFB
Old 10-22-2015, 06:09 PM   #20
TSF Team, Emeritus

Did it end??? I changed to football

Closed Thread