Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Living in Texas . .

This is a discussion on Living in Texas . . within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. . . is like living on the backstage of a Three Stooges film . . SCOTUS rules same sex marriage

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

. . is like living on the backstage of a Three Stooges film . .

SCOTUS rules same sex marriage is constitutional and the law and order State Atty General encourages the license offices to break the law . .

SCOTUS shuts down the recent abortion laws and lynch mobs form . . but then they allow the State to kill people and all is forgiven . .

This place keeps the late nite comedians going forever! !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

De gustibus non est disputandum.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Yep . . does not take much to keep Bubbahood happy down here . . give 'em the opportunity to kill somebody every now and then and they are happy as pigs

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 03:54 AM   #4
Vetustior Humo

In NASCAR news, Texas laps Florida in the race to the bottom but S. Carolina is gaining fast.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:15 AM   #5

There was a podcast episode, I think it was a TED talks... the headline was on quitting and how people have such a hard time doing it...

perhaps the Texas AG should listen to it
Old 07-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Texas attorney general could face felony indictment

Quote:
Special prosecutors will ask a Texas grand jury as early as this month to indict the state's attorney general on first-degree felony charges for suspected securities laws violations, one of the prosecutors said on Thursday.

A spokesman for Attorney General Ken Paxton, a Republican who came to office earlier this year with strong Tea Party support, was not immediately available for comment.

"There is evidence that needs to be presented to the grand jury about a couple of different violations. One of which that they will have to determine is if securities fraud was present," said attorney Kent Schaffer, appointed to investigate the suspected violations.

Paxton drew national attention recently when he said county clerks in Texas who object to gay marriage on religious grounds can refuse to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples despite last week's landmark U.S. Supreme Court ruling requiring states to allow same-sex marriage.
It just gets better by the day here!

Texas attorney general could face felony indictment: special prosecutor | Reuters

Old 07-02-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
Vetustior Humo

He could be cellmates with Rick Perry.

The Texas bar exam must be one easy test. Do they use crayons to take it?
Old 07-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustr View Post
The Texas bar exam must be one easy test. Do they use crayons to take it?
Nope, likely it's sidewalk chalk! They'd have to try to stay inside the lines with crayons or lose points for neatness!!

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Old 07-15-2015, 03:49 AM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

Then there is this . . Only the deservingly named Lunatic Fringe could take a standard military training exercise, combine it with closing a WalMart and come up with this historical Lunatic Conspiracy . .

The over\under on how many of these clowns shoot each other is currently 11

Volunteer watchdog group dispatches to western states to monitor 'Jade Helm' | Fox News

Old 07-15-2015, 09:57 AM   #10

Best thing about conspiracy theorists is to ignore them... anyone remember the truthers, and beside Chump, er I mean trump anyone rememeber the birthers?

Same thing with Jade Helm... OMG... if Texas knew how many military exercises occur on US soil using US facilities see Robin Sage

One time we used San Francisco as the enemy as a break away lunatic left wing terrorist stronghold which we theorized that were supplied weapons by N.Korea (since it is liberal and therefore only criminals actually have weapons) and we bombed it to oblivion.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #11
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

There goes Texas.......the rest of the mainland should be easy. We can give Alaska back to Russia and I'm sure Japan will be more than happy to take Hawaii......when I visited in 2006 I was amused by the dual language signs. It wasn't English-Spanish......it was English-Japanese.....

The military really needs to confine their training to classroom and on base facilities......no real need to experience actual situations that will occur. Area 51 will be perfect and there won't be any pesky civilians milling about......don't have to be bothered by urban infrastructure. Targets will be easier to spot with little cover for concealment......live ordnance can be used for mock battles......

Got my tin foil hat ready in case they decide to expand the operation to my area. I buy foil in 200' rolls just in case.......
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

The real hoot is that the esteemed Governor ( all stand !) felt obliged to call out the National Guard in order to pander to the loonies who elected him . .

Ya can't make this stuff up! !

Old 07-16-2015, 04:08 AM   #13
Administrator
TSF Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
The real hoot is that the esteemed Governor ( all stand !) felt obliged to call out the National Guard in order to pander to the loonies who elected him . .

Ya can't make this stuff up! !
Looks like he's gettin' a leg up on his re-election bid.....

*Do you feel kinda lonely down there, Rich??
Old 07-16-2015, 04:42 AM   #14
TSF Team, Emeritus

It's funny . . there seems to be at least as many who think this place is insane as not . . but we keep electing room temperature IQ's to office!

It is definitely a different Texas than the one I grew up in . .

Gerrymandering is a wonderous thing!

Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 AM   #15
Administrator
TSF Manager

Gerrymandering works wonders for sure. We had a bill on the ballot a few elections ago to have the districts redrawn by a non-partisan panel......the Republicans made sure that wasn't going to happen.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #16
TSF Team, Emeritus

Headline from this mornings paper . .

Quote:
BASTROP, Texas — No citizens were rounded up and imprisoned at Wal-Mart. Tanks didn't rumble down city streets in a declaration of martial law.
Really? ? ?

Old 07-16-2015, 08:29 AM   #17
Administrator
TSF Manager

They need to round up some of the politicians in Texas.......
Old 07-16-2015, 10:21 AM   #18
TSF Team, Emeritus

What amazes me, is that the inevitable next lunatic conspiracy theory will ignore the fact that the last several hundred did not come to pass and the loonies will be puzzled when people laugh at them . .

. . must be up to at least Agenda 679 now!

Old 08-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #19
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
A grand jury has indicted Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on felony securities fraud charges that accuse the Republican of misleading investors before he became the state’s top law enforcement officer, a special prosecutor said on Saturday.

Kent Schaffer, a Houston defense attorney appointed by a judge to the case, told The New York Times that a Texas grand jury indicted Paxton on two counts of first-degree securities fraud and a lesser charge of not registering.

Paxton also allegedly encouraged investment in McKinney-based tech startup company Severgy Inc., which is now under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Associated Press reported Paxton’s involvement with the company – and that a federal investigation was under way – last month.

Paxton was also fined last year for not disclosing to Texas securities regulators that he was getting commissions for soliciting investors.
While playing "Texas, our Texas in the background:

Rick W Perry [ All Rise ] saw to it that we displaced Louisiana as the Nations' poorest school system, and now lil' Kenney is seeing to it that we break the Louisiana record for numbers of state politicians in prison . . .

The State Attorney General . . really???

Texas Attorney General indicted for felony securities fraud, prosecutor says | Fox News

Old 08-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #20
Vetustior Humo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
While playing "Texas, our Texas in the background:

Rick W Perry [ All Rise ] saw to it that we displaced Louisiana as the Nations' poorest school system, and now lil' Kenney is seeing to it that we break the Louisiana record for numbers of state politicians in prison . . .

The State Attorney General . . really???

Texas Attorney General indicted for felony securities fraud, prosecutor says | Fox News
Quote:
The Texas Republican Party has condemned the felony charges against Attorney General Ken Paxton as a "sloppy process" that doesn't befit the judicial system that Texans expect. Linky-poo
A sloppy process? Which one? The one that let a criminal (OK accused) win the nomination? The one that made him think he was above the law? The one that allows Texans to be hood-winked by a character like this?

My guess is that he swindled (ok - lost some money) from the wrong guy.

It's kind of fun watching Teapublicans eat their young.