Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Kathy Griffin

This is a discussion on Kathy Griffin within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This is what I think of it, her, and them.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #1
Troubled

This is what I think of it, her, and them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kathy_slave.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	307346
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 04:58 PM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Amen. Kathy Griffin's actions were un-called for. She's an IDIOT for doing this.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:32 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
And again, in 2012, Nugent recommended decapitating Democrats, saying, "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November," while speaking at the NRA convention in April.

In that speech, he made another controversial remark that suggested violence toward Obama: "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year."
What about Ted Nugent? The left asks amid Kathy Griffin outrage - CNNPolitics.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Kathy Griffin hasn't got the lock on idiocy. There are many who have stepped WAY over the line on such things, but the real IDIOCY is not learning from others' mistakes!

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'
- George Santayana

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Old 06-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

Tiger Woods: "O man! . . No one could ruin their career in a weekend like I just did!"

Kathy Griffen: "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Old 06-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Big difference between making a statement and holding a (faux) bloody head by the hair that looks like the president.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo G View Post
Big difference between making a statement and holding a (faux) bloody head by the hair that looks like the president.
I think it's an "incremental" difference. The question is how large was the increment. Compared to a clearly, obviously illegal statement such as "Hey everyone, let's all get together and KILL ............ !"

And also, there is a big difference between some "anonymous nobody" making some kind of "grey area" statement like this (not explicitly illegal and yet not tolerable, either), and a "big name" celebrity. Yet it seems that this government makes a routine practice of ignoring the actions and crimes of "big name celebrities" and they put "average people" in prison on a regular basis.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:14 AM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
How so? . . Both acts were in poor taste and an obtuse threat to POTUS . . Griffen had the good sense to apologize and admit she went too far, the draft dodger is still relishing his to his hero worshipers

Old 06-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
and they put "average people" in prison on a regular basis.
Can you name one?

Old 06-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
Troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Can you name one?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

In contrast:

https://thefederalist.com/2017/06/12...ruction-cases/
Old 06-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #11
TSF Team, Emeritus

Manning threatened POTUS????? I missed that!

Old 06-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #12
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
How so? . . Both acts were in poor taste and an obtuse threat to POTUS . . Griffen had the good sense to apologize and admit she went too far, the draft dodger is still relishing his to his hero worshipers
Griffin apologized because she knew it was going to affect her career. And it did. Pretty much put it into the dirt.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #13
Troubled

Quote:
Griffin apologized because she knew it was going to affect her career. And it did. Pretty much put it into the dirt.
meh. Really?

First let's review. She knew what she was doing. She knew there would be impact. That. Was. The. Point. They made a calculated move.

Now everyone wants to pretend they didn't know what they were doing and "OH! HER CAREER IS OVER NOW!! WHAAA!!!"

Her career is not "over". She's a no-talent stooge for the Left and always has been. She's the one the Left uses when they need to pretend they have a talented comedian who parrots their narrative in an entertaining way. As long as there is a Left, and as long as there is a narrative and as long as they need a no-talent stooge to parrot that narrative, what's-her-name will always have a career. They'll be celebrating her 10 years from now much like Muslims celebrate Osama bin Laden. Sure, he did THAT thing, but just think about how GREAT he was, besides that. And then privately, amongst themselves, they revel in 9/11 too. It's one of those "private, insider things".

Going around and parroting the Leftist narrative that "her career is over" only serves to shorten her time in purgatory. It gets everyone over the shock and horror of "what she did" and primed for the acceptance and forgiveness phase. People say things like that because it makes them feel good at the moment that they say it and for no other reason. These aren't Swami Gurus gazing into the crystal ball and watching the revealed future contained within unfold, nor are these people Dune-quality Mentats making millions of precise calculations in their genetically altered and electronically programmed minds. These are simple-minded people that feel that something was done that was wrong and that there needs to be some punishment, so they imagine George Carlin's "Invisible Man in the Sky" and then they imagine HIM punishing her by "ending her career". Then they feel good about this imaginary God and his imaginary punishment and they no longer have to think about Kathy Griffin, what she did and what that says about who the Left are, ever again.

It's instantaneous resolution. Imaginary crime, imaginary God, imaginary punishment and imaginary catharsis, as simple as 1, 2, 3, 4.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #14
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
. . and the draft dodger did not apologize for why?

Closed Thread