Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

It's good to be in the all bidness

This is a discussion on It's good to be in the all bidness within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Rigs targeting oil in the U.S. surged to a record as drillers ventured outside the nationís biggest basins to search

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Rigs targeting oil in the U.S. surged to a record as drillers ventured outside the nationís biggest basins to search for crude in developing plays such as the South-Central Oklahoma Oil Province, known as SCOOP.

Oil rigs jumped by 15 to 1,588 this week, even as the counts in some of the most established basins, including the Permian of Texas and New Mexico, were either unchanged or down, data posted on Baker Hughes Inc. (BHI)ís website show. It was the most since Baker Hughes separated the oil and gas rig counts in 1987. Rigs targeting crude outside the major plays jumped by 19 to a record 399, the Houston-based field services company said. The count in Oklahoma rose to the highest level in almost six years.

Drillers are seeking new oil plays as hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling help them pull energy deposits out of shale formations across the U.S. The total U.S. rig count has gained by 151 this year as exploration has boomed, raising domestic crude production last month to the highest level in more than a quarter-century.
Indeed it is a good time to be in the Energy business . . One reason our unemployment numbers are so low here!

Oil Rigs Hit Record as Drillers Move Outside Big Basins - Bloomberg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

as long as they are able to get away with creating earthquakes, the number will be high.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

What's a few lil' ol' earthquakes among friends???

Closed Thread