Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

IS threatens Russia

This is a discussion on IS threatens Russia within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ISIS coming for the Kremlin, new video warns ISIS coming for the Kremlin, new video warns | Fox News Hmm...

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
ISIS coming for the Kremlin, new video warns
ISIS coming for the Kremlin, new video warns | Fox News

Hmm...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
Automotive Team

Good I hope Putin nukes em
Old 11-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Russia has been hurt pretty badly before by the Chechnya Muslims . . They can react brutally, but do not do such a good job of protecting their citizens. Don't know who came up with that image, but it does not reflect reality

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #4
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

The other day I heard a US politician complaining that we were "utterly defenseless" and how we should increase our military budget.

I thought I'd look at what other countries spend on military compared to the US. It was interesting to find that the military budget of the US was as much as the next largest nine budgets combined.

However, Russia is no slouch. Compared to Russia, IS is a tiny kitten growling at a bear. Russia has been on the opposite side of the US in the Syrian civil war and it's overflow. However, should it be proven that IS actually did down that airliner then Russia will probably concentrate more on it. The recent attack on France will only strengthen its resolve too.

Old 11-15-2015, 05:54 AM   #5
Automotive Team

MPR I hate to be the one to say this, but it DOES NOT matter HOW MUCH money we spend on defense, our military is designed to fight an Army, not a race who's God told them to kill us, there is only one way to win, and last time I posted that on Facebook I received a three day ban for being abusive so I wont post that on here
Old 11-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
I thought I'd look at what other countries spend on military compared to the US. It was interesting to find that the military budget of the US was as much as the next largest nine budgets combined.
Really? Because at 3.5% gdp it's pretty on par with our allies which range from 2.0 to 5.0% with Saudi Arabia checking in at 10%
Old 11-15-2015, 09:51 AM   #7
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
Really? Because at 3.5% gdp it's pretty on par with our allies which range from 2.0 to 5.0% with Saudi Arabia checking in at 10%
This is another example of misinterpreting statistics. It's like when Norwegians brag that they give more aid than the US because they give a higher percentage of their GDP in aid. If you were a country in need would you rather have five billion from Norway or thirty billon from the US? The same thing goes for a war. Per capita doesn't mean near as much as total force does. For instance, Saudi Arabia has a couple dozen ships, the US Navy has about 270 ships and 2600 aircraft.
Closed Thread