Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Idiots in Ferguson, MO

This is a discussion on Idiots in Ferguson, MO within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Well, the attempt to blackmail the grand jury by threatening violence unless they indicted didn't work but of course stupidity

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 01:26 AM   #1
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Well, the attempt to blackmail the grand jury by threatening violence unless they indicted didn't work but of course stupidity reigns and they then tear up their own town.
Quote:

Amid the looting and arson across Ferguson, some protesters demanded the media stop reporting on the events.
So much for these so-called "peaceful" political activists supporting the Constitution of The United States.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 01:30 AM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Idiots indeed, nuff said.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:39 AM   #3
Automotive Team

Have y'all seen the news?
MY GOD I am so glad the human race does not apply to me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 12:19 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

the violence and looting would have happened no matter the verdict. There would have been violence and looting during a celebration.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

just ran across the following link with all the evidence presented to the jury

Documents from the Ferguson grand jury
Old 11-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
Gone | Not Forgotten

Those looting should go home and thank God they did not get shoot or killed.

Anybody arrested should be checked for government benefits, if they receive gov't benefits, they should be cut off.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #7

I'm mad at the cops! On an unrelated note, check out all this new free stuff I got!
Old 11-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #8
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

This really shows you how thin the veneer of civilization is in some places. Where I live, if you removed the rule of law everything would pretty much stay the same as people 1. tend to respect each other and 2. are heavily armed and usually have at least one member of the household who is a veteran if 1 doesn't apply. Someone attempting to loot the local convenience store here would meet the same fate as the Dalton Gang, who thought it would be fun to rob banks in quiet little Coffeeville, Kansas. However, in many cities the populace is just a hair's breadth from reverting back ten thousand years. Like it or not, in these areas one needs a police presence. We don't even have a police officer here, just a local girl who works as a Sherriff's Deputy in the next town who comes back to visit every now and then.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:24 AM   #9
Automotive Team

what veneer? I remember a time when me and my friends were friends because we WANTED to be friends, both races Black and White, it has now expanded to having f races in our group.
Here we are in a detoxed, sanitize world we all all sat down and talked about our friendship, the man we consider the elder ( he's 75 ) acknowledges the fact we are all friends an have been for a few dozen years, he spoke about racism, war politics, and we all listened to him because he remembers it all cause basically he was there. Then he said the one thing than makes more sense than anything else I have ever heard about friendships
he said

" y'all know, I remember when this group first started, we were friends cause we wanted to be friends, that was a long time ago in another world, here we are in 2014 and even though were all still friends now this world says that we be friends cause we have to be cause of some stupid laws designed to make us all equal, well those laws don't work, and I think we need to continue being fiends cause we want to be friends, not cause the government says we gotta be friends, now lets eat"

This man has skin so dark his nickname has been Blue since 1975, he is the smartest man I have even known, if nothing more than that simple, but TRUE statement
Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

It beats me why they're rioting about racism, when the jury was mixed-race - Then again, it seems 'fashionable' for folks to riot at the slightest affront.

Live, Laugh, Hope - If that don't work Load, Aim and Fire....
Old 11-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #11
Gone | Not Forgotten

I read some place that it only 9 of the 12, on the grand jury, 3 were black, to convict,

Some use this as an excuse to loot.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 11-28-2014, 02:07 AM   #12
Automotive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo View Post
It beats me why they're rioting about racism, when the jury was mixed-race - Then again, it seems 'fashionable' for folks to riot at the slightest affront.
This is America, thats why
Old 11-28-2014, 04:36 AM   #13
Vetustior Humo

The town is 65% black. The jury was the opposite. The police force of 52 has 3 black officers. I believe that the city council is also mostly white (can't look it up now) . So racism seems systemic in the community power structure. Was that the reason for the anger and frustration? Perhaps. But the rioters we're going to burn something down regardless of the outcome.

The process got corrupted. Grand juries almost always send the case to trial. The DA presents just enough evidence to make that happen. The accused never testifies - this case excepted. Its clear that this DA didn't want to try the case but didn't want to be the one to dismiss it. Probably has higher office in mind. Now he can claim "It was the Grand Jury not me."
Old 11-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #14
Gone | Not Forgotten

There would be more blacks on the force if more blacks applied and could pass the requirements ! I think most towns have the same problem.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Old 11-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustr View Post
The town is 65% black. The jury was the opposite. The police force of 52 has 3 black officers. I believe that the city council is also mostly white (can't look it up now) . So racism seems systemic in the community power structure. Was that the reason for the anger and frustration? Perhaps. But the rioters we're going to burn something down regardless of the outcome.

The process got corrupted. Grand juries almost always send the case to trial. The DA presents just enough evidence to make that happen. The accused never testifies - this case excepted. Its clear that this DA didn't want to try the case but didn't want to be the one to dismiss it. Probably has higher office in mind. Now he can claim "It was the Grand Jury not me."
So... in response to all that is to steal some air jordans TV'S and booze then set the stores on fire?
Old 11-29-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
TSF Team, Emeritus

Kinda like the looney tunes crowd insisting on shutting down the government because they do not like POTUS recent EO. . take money away from millions of people who had nothing to do with the decision . .

Anger over executive action could cause government shutdown | On Air Videos | Fox News

Folks do all kinds of illogical things . .

Old 11-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basementgeek View Post
There would be more blacks on the force if more blacks applied and could pass the requirements ! I think most towns have the same problem.

BG
This assumes Blacks would want to judge other Blacks, a fact that really is not a fact. You think because they are Black they should want to police their own? That is insanity that is the last place Black police officers would want to be and the real issue here is why a White police officer can shoot an unarmed man of any color 6 times until he finally kills him and then gets away with violence opposed to Common Law? Remember the rule of equal but greater force. "Self-defence in English law is using reasonable force against an unjust threat. Self-defence is a justification rather than an excuse". Reasonable force is a gun against an unarmed man? I think not. Sounds more like that answer should have been "mace" or a "night stick" both of which the officer had on him.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 11-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #18
Gone | Not Forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich-M View Post
Sounds more like that answer should have been "mace" or a "night stick" both of which the officer had on him.
Pure horse crap !

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Old 11-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #19

Quote:

This assumes Blacks would want to judge other Blacks, a fact that really is not a fact. You think because they are Black they should want to police their own? That is insanity that is the last place Black police officers would want to be and the real issue here is why a White police officer can shoot an unarmed man of any color 6 times until he finally kills him and then gets away with violence opposed to Common Law? Remember the rule of equal but greater force. "Self-defence in English law is using reasonable force against an unjust threat. Self-defence is a justification rather than an excuse". Reasonable force is a gun against an unarmed man? I think not. Sounds more like that answer should have been "mace" or a "night stick" both of which the officer had on him.
On another note, millions of Internet users got their law degre last week...
Old 11-30-2014, 05:03 AM   #20
Automotive Team

Quote:
T Sounds more like that answer should have been "mace" or a "night stick" both of which the officer had on him.
I don't know about Ferguson, but here in Va Bach you attack a cop he will shoot you, that sop, cops don't carry "night sticks" anymore, not even the military uses them on fire and security watch, local cop[s here DO have these little telescopic wands, but they will NOT use them by themselves, hey are to be used with two or more cops, and mace? nope not any more, its pepper spray now, mace is cruel and inhuman so its a no no, and personally again i don't know about Ferguson, but you spray me in the face with pepper spray I'm gonna stagy looking for a steak sub to put it on after I pummel you into the dirt
Closed Thread