Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Hillary's Private Email Server

This is a discussion on Hillary's Private Email Server within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What do you think should happen to Ms Clinton. She violated several laws by doing official gov business on a

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

What do you think should happen to Ms Clinton. She violated several laws by doing official gov business on a private email server in her home.

This has been illegal for 20 years. All gov business emails need to be on gov servers. If not then the emails need to be transferred to a gov server for archiving.

Did she do this to conceal nefarious acts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

There's a special place for people who break the law.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

OS: WIN7 ULTIMATE - 64 bit (SP1), FIREFOX, ASUS G75 'ROG' laptop(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchiefxx17 View Post
There's a special place for people who break the law...
...and it certainly doesn't include residence in the White House! Oh wait, it's already been happening for over 6 years now...

Never mind...

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

"Remember - HARDWARE is the part of the computer that can be KICKED!" - WIZMO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2015, 04:58 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Seems like such a silly thing to do for someone as smart as she is .

Old 03-07-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

I say it was calculated. I say it was purposeful. I say she had plans.
I also say she was told to go this route by someone who also had plans to do illegal acts.

I say she should be treated like the Ambassador to Kenya and be force to resign from politics. This is an untrustworthy candidate.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Vetustior Humo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Seems like such a silly thing to do for someone as smart as she is .

Quote:
A better question is: why would she use the State Departmentís email system to conduct official business? In fact, if itís demonstrably insecure, does she not have a responsibility not to use it? Itís probably the case that if Hillary Clinton was focusing solely on security, using her personal email with 2 Factor Authentication was probably way *more* secure than using the honeypot mess of IT that is the State Departmentís email servers.
LINKY
I can attest to lot of what he's saying. Until very recently the Navy was using WinXP with IE7 on the unsecured network. The secure network is even older.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:59 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

So are you condoning her illegal act
Old 03-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yustr View Post
I can attest to lot of what he's saying. Until very recently the Navy was using WinXP with IE7 on the unsecured network. The secure network is even older.
That makes sense . . probably why Colin Powell did the same thing huh?

This likely kills any chance she has of being Secretary of State again I suppose?

Old 03-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

So with her in complete control of the server don't you worry that emails may have been removed. Emails that might be controversial in nature. Or do you trust her so completely that you would trust that she would have everything intact. Including everything Benghazi related...
Old 03-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

No more than I worried about Colin doing the same thing bout the blunder over the WMD in Iraq. . Both are honorable

Actually, I don't worry about anything she does . . I do not want another Clinton (or another Bush) in the next election . . unfortunately, the Reps have virtually assured the next POTUS will be a Dem. . just a matter of which one.

If the clowns had thought this thru, they would have held fire until just before the elections . . as it is now, who is going to be thinking about emails when they enter the voting booth 18 months from now? They spent two years investigating Benghazi and exonerated her . . now who is going to listen to them??

Bye the bye . . which number is this Agenda??

Old 03-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
No more than I worried about Colin doing the same thing bout the blunder over the WMD in Iraq. . Both are honorable

Actually, I don't worry about anything she does . . I do not want another Clinton (or another Bush) in the next election . . unfortunately, the Reps have virtually assured the next POTUS will be a Dem. . just a matter of which one.

If the clowns had thought this thru, they would have held fire until just before the elections . . as it is now, who is going to be thinking about emails when they enter the voting booth 18 months from now? They spent two years investigating Benghazi and exonerated her . . now who is going to listen to them??

Bye the bye . . which number is this Agenda??
Yeah I am not voting in a dynasty candidate... I'll write my father's name in before I vote for the same last name of a former president
Old 03-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #12
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Actually the rules about not using personal e-mail are way more recent than 20 years I'm afraid and at the time she did it it was not illegal to do, just perhaps in poor taste.
Personally I can't see all the fuss over this though she will not be my candidate.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #13
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

I've read that the ban took affect AFTER the fact.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:24 AM   #14
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebackhus View Post
I've read that the ban took affect AFTER the fact.
Doesn't surprise me a bit. I've been watching the Republican tactics over the years and how they manipulate things in their favor. Gerrymandering is one of those tactics.....got it in my state...... Texas Governor Ann Richards did much good for her state and had both parties working together to get things done.......until she was smeared by Conservatives to get W elected to a governorship that was used as a springboard to the White House.

Benghazi is still ongoing with another investigation that has no deadline......Hillary can be called in to testify whenever they decide to convene the hearing. What's the odds of that happening during campaign season if she gets the nod to run?? Just one more card up the sleeve of our respectable Conservatives.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:46 AM   #15
TSF Enthusiast

Hopefully it will happen right before the election. This woman has no experience for leading a country. Under her tenure of SOS the ME has exploded and is falling apart. She keeps going out there saying that there should be a female president of the US. Like that's a qualification. Look what happened the last time we voted someone in because of their uniqueness.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:07 AM   #16
TSF Enthusiast

Watch the video

Pirro Compares Hillary to House of Cards' Claire Underwood - Breitbart
Old 03-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #17
TSF Team, Emeritus

That clown clearly has minimal touch with reality . . comparing a real person with a character on TV is pretty juvenile.

The Middle east has exploded because some inexperienced fool took out the most powerfull military in the region. They had stood off Iran for twenty years . . then some damn fool comes in and dismantles them as part of creating " A Shining Beacon of Democracy in the Middle East" and as a result, created an insurgency that will last generations.

Like the economy they crashed, the Looney Tunes crowd then blames it on the POTUS who inherited their mess

Old 03-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #18
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
On ABC's "This Week," former Secretary of State Colin Powell declined to comment on the Clinton controversy, saying his emails as secretary were never disclosed because he did not save them.

"I don't have any to turn over," Powell said. "I did not keep a cache of them. I did not print them off. I do not have thousands of pages somewhere in my personal files. And, in fact, a lot of the emails that came out of my personal account went into the State Department system. They were addressed to State Department employees and the state.gov domain. But I don't know if the servers at the State Department captured those or not.
If one was into conspiracy theories . .

One has to wonder how many of those were advising Wubbya to ignore Cheney and stay out of Iraq? ?

How many were reminding him of the "Pottery Barn Doctrine" If you break it you pay for it

How many were warning him that the French were telling us that there was no WMD in Iraq?

Hillary Clinton emails: Obama, Colin Powell, Feinstein, others weigh in

Old 03-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #19
TSF Enthusiast

This isn't about Col Powell or anyone else. Why do you keep trying to say this person did it, must be OK then, right?

Rules got changed and all gov business is suppose to be conducted on business servers so that all information can be archived. Having her own server in her own home prevents that. There is no way possible that you could be guaranteed that the emails she gave up are all the emails.

She well knew this because she told her own staffers that all email needed to be conducted on gov servers, yet she disregarded this herself. There aren't any good reasons that she did this other then to hide information.

Even if the severs were insecure it wasn't her decision to not use them.

6 questions for Clinton on e-mail controversy - The Washington Post
Old 03-08-2015, 02:05 PM   #20
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Why do you keep trying to say this person did it, must be OK then, right?
Colin Powel was Sec. of State just like Hil was . . He likely did not use the gov't email for the same reasons that she did not. . . and if it is a 20 year old "law", then it has been violated many times

"right" is a highly subjective term . . what is "right" to one person is not necessarily "right to another.

Just pointing out that it is not nearly the demonic act that some would make it out to be

Closed Thread