Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Here are the states whose senators are costing you the most money

This is a discussion on Here are the states whose senators are costing you the most money within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Here are the states whose senators are costing you the most money - The Washington Post Two from Texas in

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Here are the states whose senators are costing you the most money - The Washington Post

Two from Texas in the top 5 . . and some say these guys are worthless! !

$$370,000 for hair stylists and barbers $7,700 for a shoe-shine attendant.

All this for a bunch of clowns that work 4 days a week at best!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Many politicians' main goals are to gain fame and fortune for themselves rather than to actually help govern a country and represent their constituencies. Of course, this is nothing new, it's been going on since before hominids were human. The most powerful and most cunning usually for the "lion's share."

That said, a senator or congressman can't do much alone -- they all have large staffs who also must be paid. A friend of mine (and my brother's college roommate) was a congressional aid for several years before he moved on other congressional jobs and finally to be Chief of Staff of the USDA. He says that there is a lot more work going on behind the scenes of government than most people realize.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

I think I could agree in principle with your last statement, Where it falls down is the Guy at the front is doing the least amount of work for the biggest benefit, and at least here there have been some made to pay back things they claimed for and a couple got jail, I think that was meant as a deterrent, It has not worked as more are coming to light.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
Automotive Team

Mark Warner costs me 2 mil a year and yet the last dman raise I had at work was before obama took over.
Personally I could do his job on what I make now which is supposedly 34k, but my paychecks say I make less my w2 says I make less, so how doe she get off costing the commonwealth of Virginia that much?
Closed Thread