Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Google News Took a Huge Dump All Over Itself

This is a discussion on Google News Took a Huge Dump All Over Itself within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. They went to a nearly useless format with far too much white space and eliminated the article snippets, now showing

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Thumbs Down

They went to a nearly useless format with far too much white space and eliminated the article snippets, now showing basically only headlines. They've also dropped most of the customization features. Users are complaining that the ones that remain, don't 'stick' once set and have to be re-set often.

Their Product Forums are loaded with page after page of dissatisfied former users complaining about the new format and looking for alternatives.

So far, most of the tech websites have only posted the puff piece press release from G extolling the virtues of 'less information is better'. I'm waiting for them to catch up with the enraged masses and publish new articles.

Some of the alternatives that have been posted so far are better than the current G format, but not quite like the old G format.

The ones I've tried:

https://newslookup.com/

Protopage - Free Personalized Start Pages

https://www.newsvine.com/

www.flipboard.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #2
An Awesome Dude

Yup sad isnt it??

PEOPLE NOW ALWAYS TAKE SOMETHING GOOD AND MAKE IT CRAP AND SAY ITS BETTER.......

Peoples minds are GOO these days... They cant think right,etc.......... Its really very sad.....
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memory-Related BSODs on ASUS with Windows 10
I have this ASUS laptop, which I bought a year ago. I think I remember getting blue screens of death within a month of two of using it but have avoided sending it off because I don't want to go a week or two without a computer if I can avoid it. The computer has been upgraded to Windows 10, and...
RogerWazup007 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 01-02-2016 11:26 AM
BSOD help Windows 7 64 bit
Over the last months I have had different BSOD's. I have little time have not been really been able to post information, but today I have some time finally (plus getting tired of it). Could you help me out identifying what the driver, hardware, problem is? Thanks so much in advance! ...
HardTrance9 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 24 02-18-2014 06:01 PM
[SOLVED] Multiple BSODs
For the past month or so I have been getting a number of BSODs. It seems kind of random and occurs whenever I type in my internet browser's address bar. The weird thing is that it happens randomly. One moment I could type without worry and the next I get a BSOD. Below, I've posted the results of...
soulcross19 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 03-19-2013 05:36 AM
BSoD in 10 minutes after startup
Have recently bought a new computer and built it from scratch. I've been having problems with blue screen in the first ten minutes after I cold start it but after that the computer usually works without problem until the next day. I have been running memtest a few times and it havn't found any...
Serpentario BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 28 11-14-2012 11:09 AM
ok hopefully Idid this right
wondering if you guys can help me with the problems I have with my present pc. about 3 hrs after i installed WoW it i had my first bsod, yet it was not the only program that has caused a BSOD (j-player, silverlight, rift, and most recently SWTOR) and it has gotten to the point where I can use...
cuke BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 01-01-2012 04:31 PM