Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Facebook

This is a discussion on Facebook within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Or should I say Faciestbook. Either way freedom of speech is gone on there, that and the security breeches and

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
Automotive Team

Or should I say Faciestbook.
Either way freedom of speech is gone on there, that and the security breeches and fake accts, hacking and taking over accts, has caused me to (1) get a 30 day ban for calling out the hackers by name ( I was apparently abusive LOL)
(2 it has all caused me to deactivate my Facebook acct permanently
However they are so smart, I wanted to keep messenger so I could still talk to a cousin I have in Va Beach, I re downloaded messenger, entered my name, and my phone number, it asked me " are you Ken Hummell" I clicked no and was thinking that it wouldn't work, guess what I have no Facebook acct but I have a messenger acct with mu Facebook info LMAO
that's the combined collective intelligence of Facebook computers, no wonder they get hacked all the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

There's a new social media format called "MeWe"....I hopped onboard with that for the very same reasons you mentioned.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
Automotive Team

Yep, and take a wild guess at what my name is on there
heres a hit, its the same as my messanger acct LOL

MeWe doesn't put me in jail for speaking for or against anything or anybody
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Facebook adds antivirus vendors to AV Marketplace, expands malicious URLs blacklist
Facebook has added seven more antivirus vendors to its AV Marketplace, a move that gives the social network a total of a dozen companies whose databases it can tap to identify malicious website links on the site. Facebook identified the additional partners Tuesday. They include avast!, AVG,...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 10-20-2012 08:21 AM
Facebook patches security hole allowing mass harvesting of phone numbers
Facebook has restricted the rate at which users can perform phone number searches on its mobile website in order to block a recently disclosed method of harvesting phone numbers. "The ability to search for a person by phone number is intentional behaviour and not a bug in Facebook," Facebook...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 1 10-12-2012 01:27 PM
Hackers show flaws in Facebook API protection
Facebook is ignoring a serious shortcoming in the way it limits application developers' access to information about Facebook users, according to a pair of hackers. The problem is in the way Facebook's APIs work, and could even lead to unauthorised password changes, according to hatter and...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 10-07-2011 12:05 PM
Websense TRITON Defensio Social Web Security for Facebook review
The days when Facebook was nothing more than fun way to waste time with a few friends are long gone. Today, you're just as likely to run across prospective employers there as you are old classmates, and that's to say nothing of the scammers and spammers you might find, too. Keeping your Facebook...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-29-2011 12:01 PM