Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Epic Conversation with Microsoft Support: Windows 10 User Accused of “Tricking” MS

This is a discussion on Epic Conversation with Microsoft Support: Windows 10 User Accused of “Tricking” MS within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Epic Conversation with Microsoft Support: Windows 10 User Accused of “Tricking” Microsoft “You contacted Microsoft support, it was the first

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #1
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Support Visiting Expert
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Epic Conversation with Microsoft Support: Windows 10 User Accused of “Tricking” Microsoft

Quote:
“You contacted Microsoft support, it was the first mistake”

Back in 2014, when Satya Nadella took over from Steve Ballmer and became the new Microsoft CEO, he promised to revamp the software giant from the ground up, and just by having a look at the things he’s changed in the last 12 months, it’s pretty clear that the software giant has a new vision (we’re not saying that it’s good or bad, it’s just a new vision).

But there’s one small side of the business that Nadella actually forgot to look into: Microsoft support.

The service that should be there when you need help and that should actually get you in touch with professionals working for Microsoft and having much more experience than you is going from bad to worse. And it’s no secret that, every time you contact Microsoft support, you’re actually connected to an individual who’s either not trained to help you or who puts a thousand questions for the simplest possible thing.

But this time, we’ve got an example that is as funny as it is sad. Reddit user Mercarcher has revealed a conversation with a Microsoft support engineer that he had when trying to get help with Windows 10.

Here’s some context on this to make sure you read the conversation (which we provide in detail at the end of the article using the screenshots published online by Mercarcher himself).
Epic Conversation with Microsoft Support: Windows 10 User Accused of “Tricking” Microsoft - Softpedia

MVP January 2013 to end December 2016
Microsoft Community Contributor
Windows Insider MVP July 2016 to end June 2017

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

their call center gets tricked all the time by the customer trying to get a non genuine activated.