Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Cuba removed from terror list

This is a discussion on Cuba removed from terror list within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Econimically speaking I think this is going huge... And a long time coming, I know we held them off for

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #1

Econimically speaking I think this is going huge...

And a long time coming, I know we held them off for so long for butthurt reasons, but we normalized relations with Vietnam... we can do it with Cuba too

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/30/us...ist.html?_r=0#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

should have done this years ago.
Old 05-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Whoa . . something logical comes out of Washington????? . . . Will miracles never cease?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2015, 11:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Whoa . . something logical comes out of Washington????? . . . Will miracles never cease?!
It is something I have been following keenly, again for economic reasons...

But I do believe one more barrier is going to have to fall before things will truly get underway, and that is the automatic asylum Cubans get granted if they make it to US soil...
Old 06-01-2015, 05:27 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

Would that mean we can send Tedward back?

Old 07-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years

Quote:
The United States and Cuba formally agreed on Wednesday to restore diplomatic relations on July 20, setting up a trip to Havana by John Kerry, who would become the first U.S. secretary of state to visit the country in 70 years.

Sealed by an exchange of letters between U.S. President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro, the deal fulfills a pledge the former Cold War enemies made six months ago. It also attempts to end the recriminations that have predominated ever since Fidel Castro's rebels overthrew the U.S.-backed government of Fulgencio Batista on Jan. 1, 1959.

The letters set a date of July 20 for the re-establishment of relations, and embassies could be opened at that time or later.
Getting closer . . of course, the next item is for the US Congress to yet again show the whole world just how dysfunctional it is and address the sanctions . .

Cruz will set his air on fire and run in circles . . Howdy Doody will subpoena all emails in the last 50 years . . Boehner will cry . .

U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years | Reuters

U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years | Reuters

Closed Thread