Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Colt files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

This is a discussion on Colt files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Colt Defense LLC, the 179-year-old gunmaker that supplies M4 carbines and M16 rifles for the U.S. and foreign militaries, filed

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Colt Defense LLC, the 179-year-old gunmaker that supplies M4 carbines and M16 rifles for the U.S. and foreign militaries, filed for bankruptcy amid delayed government sales and declining demand.

The West Hartford, Connecticut-based firearms maker listed assets of as much as $500 million and debt of as much as $500 million in a Chapter 11 filing late Sunday in bankruptcy court in Wilmington, Delaware. Wilmington Trust Company is listed as the biggest unsecured creditor with a $261 million claim.
Where are all the gun nuts???? . . How can you let this happen?? . . This is un-merrican

Colt Defense, 179-Year-Old Gunmaker, Files for Bankruptcy - Bloomberg Business

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

no gun nuts needed, only need start a war and things will improve for colt.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

Surely we can manufacture some Looney Tunes conspiracy theory . . (maybe "Agenda 33" ) to stir up the gunnuts????? It's be 18 months before the likelihood of invading Outer Slobaka could kick in . . if that . . not looking good for the war hawks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #4

Colts viability has always been in question after they lost the patent on the AR-15, they have no original weapon platforms for their over priced products. When you buy a colt weapon, you are mostly just buying their name.

Everyone can make a 1911 and everyone can make an AR-15.

Since Beretta makes the current handgun for the US Military, and anyone anywhere can make M-16's for the US Military, what are they to do?

But bankruptcy isn't an end all, they can sell out to another manufacturer, or use this as an opportunity to innovate and rebuild.

Moving out of CT should probably be their first move like all of the other gun factories.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

Shucks . . they need to move down here . . I got pulled over by a cop a couple of days ago and got a citation for not packing . . I told him I had been drinking all afternoon and could not remember where I left it, and was driving around to where it might be . .

I gave him my best Rick Perry impersonation and said I left it "aaah . . errr . . gosh . . this is embarrassing"

He let me off with just a warning ticket . .

Old 06-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #6

Texas' lower tax rates and non-draconian gun laws would be the better choice,

After that, the biggest thing in the AR-15 market is customization, if they can start edging into magpuls market, they could become a bigger institution
Old 06-15-2015, 11:53 AM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

Can I get a pink one with rose petals engraved on the stock??

Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post
Surely we can manufacture some Looney Tunes conspiracy theory . . (maybe "Agenda 33" ) to stir up the gunnuts????? It's be 18 months before the likelihood of invading Outer Slobaka could kick in . . if that . . not looking good for the war hawks
didn't you know that was what the first gulf war was all about???? getting rid of older weapons and reduce supply so more contracts can be given to those who gave large amounts of campaign contributions???? :-) I guess colt did not give enough during the last election season :-)
Old 06-15-2015, 12:20 PM   #9
TSF Team, Emeritus

It was clearly a success! ! We got rid of the excess weaponry by giving it to ISIL.

Good on us! !

Old 06-15-2015, 01:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Can I get a pink one with rose petals engraved on the stock??
Yes... My sister in law has a pink one, and my girlfriend wants a Hello Kitty one
Old 06-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
Yes... My sister in law has a pink one, and my girlfriend wants a Hello Kitty one
anyone who has a Hello Kitty one must be tough!!!
Old 06-18-2015, 02:12 PM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. tumbled the most in nine months after surprising investors with a profit and sales outlook for fiscal 2015 that was lower than analysts estimated.

The company yesterday projected sales will fall as much as 7 percent in fiscal 2015 to a range of $585 million to $600 million. Analysts had been forecasting sales to slip less than 1 percent to $621 million. It expects earnings per share of $1.30 to $1.40, less than the $1.50 average estimate of analysts, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Shares of the second-largest publicly traded firearms company in the U.S. fell 8.7 percent to $15.52 at the close of trading in New York. They had risen 26 percent this year through yesterday.
Clearly time to manufacture another LCT to hype gun sales . . you ol' boys ain't getting the job done!

Smith & Wesson Falls on Slow Gun Sales Forecast - Bloomberg Business

Old 06-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #13
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

This might bring some fresh action Taliban attack on Afghan parliament in Kabul ends - BBC News

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #14
TSF Team, Emeritus

Oh Em Jee . . . I saw one! ! A pink Berretta at Academy . . billed as the perfect gift for a weinie who needs a weapon that matches his panties! !

Old 06-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Oh Em Jee . . . I saw one! ! A pink Berretta at Academy . . billed as the perfect gift for a weinie who needs a weapon that matches his panties! !
Beretta is a different company... what is you fascination with men's underwear?
Old 06-27-2015, 03:07 AM   #16
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

My 11yr old g-daughter has a pink cammo M&P 15-22. Whatever it takes to get everyone to buy a gun.......even the fairer sex. Now any girl can become a "Sarah Palin".......
Old 06-27-2015, 07:45 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABL View Post
My 11yr old g-daughter has a pink cammo M&P 15-22. Whatever it takes to get everyone to buy a gun.......even the fairer sex. Now any girl can become a "Sarah Palin".......
That's awesome! Being that women are buying guns at a faster rate then men it was an inevitability that they manufacturers were going to target them...
Old 06-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #18
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew1369 View Post
That's awesome! Being that women are buying guns at a faster rate then men it was an inevitability that they manufacturers were going to target them...
Her father needs to take her out back for practice more often.......having a scope would be nice, also. But, good old 'iron sights' will teach her the basics.

Had a son's friend and his wife stop by last year for some targets. She said she knew how to use a rifle........ She was getting ready to fire a scoped 50cal.......with the butt under her arm and the scope pretty close to her eye..... I couldn't let her do it.......no way. I told her hubby to get her squared away so she wouldn't get hurt.......could have been serious injury. The 50cal kicked the daylights out of her....... I think once was enough.....
Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 PM   #19

Poor thing... maybe next time start them off smaller...

I'm almost exclusive iron sights minus my AR-10 and my little 10/22 I scoped to practice scoped shooting
Old 07-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #20
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

After my military service I thought I'd buy a civilian .45. Unfortunately, at the time (and unbeknownst to me as these were the days before the Internet), Colt's union workers were on strike and the firearms were being made by less-skilled workers. To put it mildly, that .45 I bought was a piece of crap. My 1940s production Ithaca-made service 1911 was tighter and shot better than that $500 Colt pistol. I finally traded it in for a FN-made Browning Hi-Power. If a company, even one with a long history, fails to produce quality merchandise at a reasonable price they will go out of business.
Closed Thread