Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Boehner calls U.S. Republican highway funding plan 'really solid'

This is a discussion on Boehner calls U.S. Republican highway funding plan 'really solid' within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. U.S. Republican House Speaker John Boehner said on Wednesday he welcomes a plan to extend U.S. highway funding until May

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
U.S. Republican House Speaker John Boehner said on Wednesday he welcomes a plan to extend U.S. highway funding until May 31, 2015, from House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp and hopes to see it pass the House of Representatives in the next two weeks.

"I think Chairman Camp and the members of the Ways and Means Committee have a really solid bill to help pay for the shortfall, if you will, in the Highway Trust Fund for the next eight or nine months," Boehner told reporters.

Camp's $10.9 billion plan would be paid for with some fund transfers and revenue-raising measures, including $6.5 billion in new revenue from "pension smoothing," an accounting move that allows companies to delay contributions to employee pension plans. This boosts short-term corporate profits, producing more tax revenue collected by the U.S. Treasury.
Bold mine

In other words . . ' We do not want to raise taxes so we'll just take money away from the workers retirement plans. . '

It is clearly time to sweep these bozo's out of office! !

Boehner calls U.S. Republican highway funding plan 'really solid' | Reuters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #2
Manager, The Conversation Pit/Analyst, Security Team

Send a message via MSN to bry623

Boehner has historically received >60% of the vote in his district. He isn't going anywhere.

That's the problem with Congress, as a whole, they are woefully inept and we all know it. The reason it won't change is because most of us like our Representative.

I would love to see things shake up, but I want Pat Tiberi to keep representing OH12
Old 07-10-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

True . . I wonder if the extreme distaste for congress will not change some of that????

Poor ol' Boehner is not a bad guy . . he has his hands full trying to herd the snakes in the House . . trying to appease the extremists makes him look a bit looney from time to time, but I agree . . it's not likely to result in a "Cantorizing" event

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #4

Everyone in Congress are idiots... except mime
Old 07-11-2014, 05:11 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

Mine is an idiot!

Old 07-11-2014, 05:16 AM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Actually, one of mine is now a convicted felon . . The others are just fooling the Bubba's to get elected

Closed Thread