Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Ben Carson: Do You Think I'm A Pathological Lier?

This is a discussion on Ben Carson: Do You Think I'm A Pathological Lier? within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... Ben Carson: CNN reports on violent past "a bunch

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Vetustior Humo

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Ben Carson: CNN reports on violent past "a bunch of lies" - CBS News
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

His campaign seems to think so . .

Ben Carson Campaign Admits to False West Point Story: Politico - Bloomberg Politics

Old 11-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #3
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Well, I have to give him some credit for the West Point thing. Several of us were offered appointments to West Point based on our military induction and training scores. I turned down the offer because I didn't want to commit to the military for the time it would have required. At 18, a nine-year commitment seemed a lifetime to me. I don't think that it would be entirely incorrect to say that I turned down an appointment to West Point, although technically I turned down the offer of an appointment, because I would have received an appointment if I had accepted the offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Wether he met with Westmoreland will likely determine final judgement on his veracity . I hope he did and it can go away, I,like the guy . .odd positions on historical facts to the contrary. .

I decided to work for private enterprise, rather than apply to head the Fed . . I suppose I cal state that I turned down Janet Yellens job.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

It's funny who you sometimes run into, even if you don't actively seek them out.

I once was minding my own business, eating my C Rations under a tree, when my Sgt. Major told me to stop and go sit down in a tent instead. I'd sort of stayed away from that tent because a lot of "brass" had been showing up and going into it. In the tent, an older gentleman waved me over and then got up and shook my hand. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw the four stars on his collar. I still have no idea why the FORSCOM commander wanted to eat lunch with me. I recall him talking about OCS a bit but I told him that I'd already enrolled in college so no thanks. He was a pretty nice guy and had actually been pheasant hunting with a friend of his close to my home town. I found out later that his friend, an Air Force four-star, had been born and raised about 30 miles from my home town. Maybe that's why he wanted to talk to me.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:05 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Cool . .

Old 11-06-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

Ben Carson, I think you're a stark raving lunatic and should be committed to an insane asylum for life with Trump as a dorm mate.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

At this stage of the primaries, where they all have to pander to the lunatic fringe, it's difficult to gauge any of their sanity. That is the trap the party set itself up for. Some of the nonsense he is running off now is likely driven by the audience. I timk now it is more obvious with him because he is usually a rational guy.

Pyramids built by Moses? . .come on man! ,!

Old 11-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

Pyramids built by Caterpiller.

:-)
Old 11-06-2015, 09:37 PM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

It is incredible what this party as doeto itself . . The leading candidate is criticized by the trailing candidates for not killing a friend . .

Somehow the phrase "Clown Show" just does not do it justice!

Old 11-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #11
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Rich View Post

Pyramids built by Moses? ... come on man!
This is the problem when people learn their "history" from bible stories. However, it wasn't the story of Moses but the story of Joseph.

Ben Carson's Strange Theory About The Egyptian Pyramids

I've always been impressed how the ancient Egyptians used ground rock as an insecticide in their granaries, we still use this method today.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:19 AM   #12
Vetustior Humo

The problem is not that this highly educated very smart man believes in a fairytale but refuses to seek the truth or acknowledge that it could be anything other than what he thinks it is. What other tales does he believe are true?
Old 11-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #13
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Carson must not have taken Philosophy 101 as an undergrad.

Quote:
Carson cited Obama’s relationships with Frank Marshall Davis, who had ties to the Communist Party. He also asked reporters why they haven’t tried to unseal Obama’s under-graduate records.
Classic red herrings, especially as Obama is not even running in this election.

It really is amazing how he can be so seemingly dense at times. I wouldn't think that you could get appointed Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery or teach as a professor at Johns Hopkins unless you were well above average intelligence.

Conversely, he seemingly believes in the literal truth of some things that most consider fables. I don't like his supplement endorsement either. As a medical doctor I'm quite certain that he was aware that the company that funneled millions into getting him his endowed chair at Johns Hopkins was only selling "snake oil."

The most disturbing thing I find about him is that he is a creationist that doesn't believe in evolution. Evolutionary theory forms the basis of the life sciences, including medicine.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #14
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
"I find it requires too much faith for me to believe [in evolution] given all the fossils we have found without any fossilized evidence of the direct, step-by-step evolutionary progression from simple to complex organisms or from one species to another species". -- Ben Carson
Old 11-07-2015, 02:21 PM   #15
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Carson must not have taken Philosophy 101 as an undergrad.

Classic red herrings, especially as Obama is not even running in this election.

It really is amazing how he can be so seemingly dense at times. I wouldn't think that you could get appointed Director of Pediatric Neurosurgery or teach as a professor at Johns Hopkins unless you were well above average intelligence.

Conversely, he seemingly believes in the literal truth of some things that most consider fables. I don't like his supplement endorsement either. As a medical doctor I'm quite certain that he was aware that the company that funneled millions into getting him his endowed chair at Johns Hopkins was only selling "snake oil."

The most disturbing thing I find about him is that he is a creationist that doesn't believe in evolution. Evolutionary theory forms the basis of the life sciences, including medicine.
The white haters have been playing the "No ninja could make good grades at that school" broken record for years . . Kinda strange to hear a black one join them!. . But ya gotta remember who he is pandering to right now

Old 11-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #16
TSF Team, Emeritus

Interesting that Ben is saying that it's a witch hunt by MSM ( always a hit with the fringe ) and that if it was not for Fox, the US would be another Cuba . .

O'Reilly called him everything but a ignorant field hand for his positions on evolution and the Pyramid nonsense and the rest of Fox reporting is harsher than anything I have seen CNN do! "MSM" seems to be giving more of a break than Fox.

I smell a heavy hand of Trump in the attacks. He has a history of striking at the closest threat.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #17
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

It seems that he is just delivering the Seventh Day Adventist party line, even when he should know better. Any medical doctor should be smart enough to know that the earth is not 6000 years old and fossils weren't put into the ground by a devil trying deceive humans. It would be extremely scary were a cult follower who thinks that his god is going to return any day now and exterminate all non-believers be elected president.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:38 AM   #18
TSF Team, Emeritus

Quote:
Republican presidential contender Ben Carson “will have to explain a lot of things away” given questions about whether parts of his life story have been exaggerated or fabricated, rival White House hopeful Donald Trump said Sunday.
Quote:
Carson “said he has pathological disease” in his autobiography, Trump said on ABC’s “This Week.” “When you have pathological disease, that’s a very serious problem because that’s not something that’s cured.”

Carson’s statements that Egypt’s pyramids were built to store grain, not to inter pharaohs, are a puzzle, Trump on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “You don’t put grain in a pyramid,” Trump said. Carson first spoke about that belief in a 1998 commencement speech and said last week it’s still his view.

As suspected . .

Donald Trump Says Ben Carson Has to ‘Explain a Lot of Things’ - Bloomberg Politics

Old 11-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #19
TSF Enthusiast

We're all gonna be in some deeeeeeeepppp doo-doo soon.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:05 PM   #20
TSF Team, Emeritus

Somebody need to tell the clown that when you find yourself in a deep hole, the first thing to do is stop digging:

Quote:
Dr. Ben Carson says “addiction occurs in people who are vulnerable, who are lacking something in their lives,” and plans to address the problem if elected president by returning America to its “values and principles.”
Quote:
Carson continued: “Why are we in the process of throwing away all of our values and principles for the sake of political correctness?”
One would expect a Physician to know the definati0on of addiction . . . The guy had me fooled . . I thought he was the most viable of the clown shows . . silly me!

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/dr-be...201812037.html

Closed Thread