Go Back   Tech Support Forum > The Relaxation Room > Current Events

User Tag List

Am I immune?

This is a discussion on Am I immune? within the Current Events forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Am I immune to the Wuhan virus? let me explain, when I was 14 years old ( 56 now )

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By britechguy
  • 1 Post By Corday

Old 04-05-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
Automotive Team

Am I immune to the Wuhan virus?

let me explain, when I was 14 years old ( 56 now ) I was helping me father vaccinate the 600 head of cattle we had against, believe it or not, the corona virus, being 14 I was indestructible so instead of standing in the stockade with him and reaching over the fence I was sitting on it, after a while when I was leaning over with a syringe holding 5 cc's of the vaccine I lost my grip and fell, guess what happened, I wound up in Clinton and thought I was going to die, not from the fall.....from the syringe of coronavirus vaccine going into my leg, yea all 5 cc's, the doctor said if I lived I was one "tough SOB" well it took me three months to fully recover from whatever that stuff did to me, but ever since then I haven't even got the common cold, in 1981 I joined the U.S.Navy, and they vaccinated me against every thing in the dictionary, and I think I have been directly exposed to this virus, I was in a store in Ahoskie about a month ago and a person was helping me, well, his wife tested positive for the corona virus 3 day later and died a week after that, the guy that was helping me is still on a ventilator in Greenville.
So. Could it be possible that the vaccine that went in my leg was a blessing in disguise? or could it be all the stuff the Navy injected me with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

My System

The simple answer to your question is, "No."

COVID-19 is, as has been reported repeatedly, a novel coronavirus. There are hundreds if not thousands of documented (that is, non-novel) coronaviruses to which humans are either already immune for the most part since they've made the rounds in the past, or that do not infect humans.

No one, except those who have had COVID-19 and recovered, have guaranteed immunity to it, and even then, it has yet to be determined how long that immunity will be conferred.
xrobwx71 likes this.
britechguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #3
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases > Coronaviruses
Quote:

There are hundreds of coronaviruses, most of which circulate among animals including pigs, camels, bats and cats. Sometimes those viruses jump to humans—called a spillover event—and can cause disease. Seven coronaviruses are known to cause human disease, four of which are mild: viruses 229E, OC43, NL63 and HKU1. Three of the coronaviruses can have more serious outcomes in people, and those diseases are SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) which emerged in late 2002 and disappeared by 2004; MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome), which emerged in 2012 and remains in circulation in camels; and COVID-19, which emerged in December 2019 from China and a global effort is under way to contain its spread. COVID-19 is caused by the coronavirus known as SARS-CoV-2.
SpywareDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
Automotive Team

I hope I am, I just got over a really bad cold that kept me out of work for 3 days ( simply because that Tuesday and Thursday we were off anyway) so I kinda hope that was covid 19 if I'm not already immune
Old 04-07-2020, 04:21 PM   #5
Registered Member

That ...
"... but ever since then I haven't even got the common cold ..."
... is not this:
"... I just got over a really bad cold that kept me out of work for 3 days ..."
PJCPJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #6
Automotive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCPJC View Post
That ...
"... but ever since then I haven't even got the common cold ..."
... is not this:
"... I just got over a really bad cold that kept me out of work for 3 days ..."

Yea the sickness that kept me out of work for three days was BACTERIAL, not viral
I AM suspect able to bacterial things, such as Bronchitis, although since moving to Rich square fro Va beach I haven't had Bronchitis in 4 years, which tells me that the bigger the city the more Bacteria there is LOL
Old 04-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen1086 View Post
Yea the sickness that kept me out of work for three days was BACTERIAL, not viral
I AM suspect able to bacterial things, such as Bronchitis, although since moving to Rich square fro Va beach I haven't had Bronchitis in 4 years, which tells me that the bigger the city the more Bacteria there is LOL
Not that you don't already know: Please be careful out there especially being susceptible to Bronchitis.

In 2018,my Father passed from complications of Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease, after it was done with his joints, his immune system targeted his lungs. His last 3 years was a repeated cycle of Bronchitis and antibiotics until the Pneumonia set in, his heart and lungs simply weren't strong enough to fight anymore.
xrobwx71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:24 PM   #8
Automotive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobwx71 View Post
Not that you don't already know: Please be careful out there especially being susceptible to Bronchitis.

In 2018,my Father passed from complications of Rheumatoid Arthritis, an autoimmune disease, after it was done with his joints, his immune system targeted his lungs. His last 3 years was a repeated cycle of Bronchitis and antibiotics until the Pneumonia set in, his heart and lungs simply weren't strong enough to fight anymore.

Yea believe me I do viral Bronchitis is a hell of a lot more fun than bacterial Bronchitis..........trust me on that, I had viral whenI was 12
Old 04-11-2020, 08:56 AM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

I don't have an answer to your question. I do have speculation. I was very much interested in your question because I've had a similar question for 50 years. I'm not so sure Dr Anthony Fauci could give us a definite answer. (Or maybe he could. I would love to pick his brain).

Here is my speculation and how I came by it. I invite any input. I'm not too old to learn.

As noted, there are many Corona virus. They are all similar in many respects, yet distinctly different. What if (that's a big IF, I know nothing about virology), what if they all had at least one thing in common. I'm sure they must. What if that one thing common to all was vulnerable to some agent yet to be discovered?

Of course, that would mean to be immunized against one would mean to be immunized against all. The closest analogy I can imagine is locks and keys, an analogy often used when discussing virus.

Is it so far fetched to imagine a vaccine with the exact configuration whereby inoculation against all Corona virus would result?

If you have 50 different locks, you would need 50 different keys to open them all. Unless... unless you had one master key that would open them all.

If there is a specific, yet to be discovered vulnerability, common to all Corona virus, why would it seem implausible there would be one, yet to be discovered, vaccine that acting as a master vaccine,* would provide immunization against one and all Corona virus?

Here is how I came by this speculation. 50 years ago, a particular virus was making the rounds, wiping out thousands. It was one of the major outbreaks. I don't remember which. Asian, Swine, Hong Kong? I don't remember.

I do remember it almost killed me. I went a week without food and several days without water. I was home and refused hospital. I wanted to die at home. I will never forget... near what could have been the last day or two, I experienced peace as I have never known before or since (this was after a week of barely being able to take in enough oxygen to keep me alive).

Here is why your question interested me. Since that exposure and inoculation 50 years ago, I have not had one case of flu. I have not had one cold. I have been exposed to both many times and have never contracted either.

(I do understand it is possible that during those 50 years, I have only been exposed to strains for which I already have immunity. I think this is highly unlikely).

Down through the years I've often wondered if I carried in my body, anti bodies that might possibly save someone's life. Probable? I don't know. Possible? I think Yes.
likekinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

likekinds: There is a lab in the UK that's been working on a vaccine for all flus. They are taking the same approach with Corona and if successful the vaccine would prevent not only the current strain, but those that would emerge in the future. At least we can hope.
Deejay100six likes this.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:55 AM   #11
TSF Enthusiast

That's great! Thanks for sharing.
likekinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 01:31 PM   #12
Automotive Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
likekinds: There is a lab in the UK that's been working on a vaccine for all flus. They are taking the same approach with Corona and if successful the vaccine would prevent not only the current strain, but those that would emerge in the future. At least we can hope.

only problem is England will spread it throughout Europe and cure everybody, BUT in the United States the FDA will take their sweet **** time approving if after a year or two of testing