Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8, 8.1 Support

User Tag List

Seems like my computer is near unusable..

This is a discussion on Seems like my computer is near unusable.. within the Windows 8, 8.1 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. so, me being a complete idiot decided to go months without scanning for viruses. scanned today after noticing my computer

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

so, me being a complete idiot decided to go months without scanning for viruses.
scanned today after noticing my computer being exceptionally slow, and multiple programs being corrupted or the files missing.
there were 13 malicious items, and 5 nonmalicious items (they were all PUPs)
there were 3 that stood out the most of the 13 malicious ones (most were stolen.data files and malware.traces)

backdoor.agent.dcrsagen
virtool.vbinder
backdoor.bot

I did research on each of these. after panicking a little about all the super private information.. heh i have on my laptop, i attempted to remove them with my AV.
this seemed to have fixed many of the problems i was having, such as slowness, certain programs not running, and random crashing. however, the main #1 thing i use my computer for is skype.
skype had been acting up, giving me errors before i removed the viruses. after multiple restarts whcih took 10 minutes each, i got it working.
after cleaning out the viruses, i restarted my computer per instruction. when i got back on, it all seemed normal. until i tried to start skype.
each and every time i open skype, type in my username, and sign in, it'll say "signing in..." and then just stop, and kick me to the sign in page.
theres absolutely NO error message. ill keep trying, same thing. ill restart skype, same thing. nothing works. tried different accounts, those do the same thing.
i desperately need to get back into skype.

at this point, im not sure if i shouldnt do a factory reset. i just have a LOT of files, including school work, drawings/commissions, and cute selfies. no idea if i should get rid of all of that or not. my computer is still not too great after removing the viruses, and without skype it seems theres no point.

EDIT: also wanted to say, i CANT uninstall ANY programs. when i try, it says "An error occured while writing installation information to disk. Check to make sure enough disk space is available and click Retry, or cancel to end the install."
this happens to all programs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2015, 06:14 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

You computer is still infected......run these, all are free.

Adwcleaner
Malwarebytes
Superantispyware
Norton Power Eraser
Eset online scanner
Old 10-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Please go to our Malware Forum and let the professionals fix you up.
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...lp-305963.html

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread