Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8, 8.1 Support

User Tag List

Modern UI Links don't work

This is a discussion on Modern UI Links don't work within the Windows 8, 8.1 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. None of my links actually open up to a browser page when I click them in the Modern UI Evernote,

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

None of my links actually open up to a browser page when I click them in the Modern UI Evernote, Bing Search, XBox Games (including the "Play" link) or any other start screen app that has links. They do work while in the browsers.

I updated from Windows 7 keeping apps and files etc. I had Chrome as the default browser and that basically turned off Modern UI IE, so I made IE the default (and unchecked the use desktop browser to open links) but it still won't open any links.

The little hand over the link just does nothing when I click it.

This is pretty frustrating as it makes my entire start screen sort of "dumb".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Watch out for scam emails at work this season
Cybercriminals are increasingly abandoning the technique of casting a wide net by blasting thousands of email accounts with a phishing scam. That's not nearly as lucrative as a spear-phishing attack, which might take more work, but has the potential for a much bigger payoff, according to Rohyt...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 11-15-2011 01:12 PM
Incredimail links won't work
Hello, OS:Win7 Default Browser:Firefox 4.0 Secondary Browser: IE9 Since I updated to IE9 this week, the links in Incredimail mails will not open to a browser. I tried resetting the IE settings, that did not help. Thanks if you have any suggestions,
eshafer Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 04-24-2011 10:50 PM