Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8, 8.1 Support

User Tag List

Microsoft picks October 26 for Windows 8 launch

This is a discussion on Microsoft picks October 26 for Windows 8 launch within the Windows 8, 8.1 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Microsoft picks October 26 for Windows 8 launch ? The Register Mark October 26th down in your diary: that's the

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

Laugh

Microsoft picks October 26 for Windows 8 launch ? The Register

Mark October 26th down in your diary: that's the day Microsoft has chosen to release Windows 8 into the wild.

Windows leader Steve Sinofsky revealed the release date at Microsoft's annual sales meeting today and Redmond quickly emitted an organic, engaging, and convincingly human blog post with the news and the image below to confirm the date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I am on person who will not be standing in line. I doubt very much I will get it. If I get it, it will be for one computer only and will only be used for referencing.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Registered Member

My problem will be supporting the damn thing at work when students start to install it on there laptops then bring it to us to fix. And as for training, well that's what Youtube is for. Can't for the life of me understand why they have done away with the Start button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

Yeah just seen that too. Oh joy, can't wait to see the faces on Microsoft when this one Vistas (Yes it's now a term for microsoft fail ) Though for a tablet then yeah looks good but i'll have myself a samsung with Android 4.1 please

Registered Linux User #556090
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repeating virus exorcism on D: after successful on C:
In November I received help in this forum to remove a virus from my computer. The original thread is here. My computer has been running great since. Big thanks to oldman960 for his help in solving the problem. A short recap: after the infection but before posting in November I had just...
Speedicut Resolved HJT Threads 18 05-15-2012 05:39 AM
Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan
Hi there. Eset is reporting that I've got Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan in Operating memory. I've tried cleaning it, but it returns. Computer behaviour is getting worse. Some examples: New firefox tabs opening Firefox redirects to ebay Computer fans varying wildly when idle Malware software...
tryingtimes Resolved HJT Threads 139 03-12-2012 02:04 AM
please help. had system check virus, now redirect
Had system check virus and removed approx two weeks ago. Computer still acting up. I ran TDSS Killer and I believe I hit cure at the end. Since that I cannot get online. "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage" shows on the screen. Also i geta message that Mcafee real time scanning is...
Tlaptony Resolved HJT Threads 93 03-05-2012 07:53 AM
Rootkit problem - I posted log!
I keep getting BSODs after Windows startup in normal mode one was with "ataport.sys" and some others with "irql_not_less_or_equal" I believe it is some kind of rootkit or virus since I just got a new pair of memory which was memtested and it passed... I did this scan with DDS and GMER. As written...
Daniel089 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 46 09-04-2011 10:38 PM
Virus/Corrupt files invoking BSOD, tried reformat/etc
I'll describe my story as simply as possible. 1) I downloaded what I thought was a patch for MS Office 2010 from a "cracking" website. I'm aware that this is wrong, I needed MS Office as a student and my new (infected) computer only came with a trial - anyways I'm not going to try to justify it,...
dfro87 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 14 04-13-2011 10:04 PM