Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8, 8.1 Support

User Tag List

Help solving desktop problem. Turns on, then immediately shuts off

This is a discussion on Help solving desktop problem. Turns on, then immediately shuts off within the Windows 8, 8.1 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Seems to be a hardware problem, but I need help diagnosing the source of the problem. My computer turns on.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Seems to be a hardware problem, but I need help diagnosing the source of the problem. My computer turns on. The power led and the fans turn on for a half a second and turns off. Then 1 second later, the fans and power led turn on again, and then off and on and off and on again.

What is the faulty component do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Hi, welcome. We may need a bit more information to effectively assist you. Could you supply us with the hardware your working with? PSU wattage and PSU model, Motherboard and all the major components connected to it.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

This would be an issue with your Power Supply Unit or possibly overheating.
Shut down the computer, open the side and clean out all dust, blow out fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model# and Wattage. Start the computer and make sure all fans are spinning.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Computer screen has no signal when booting
Hi My computer would seem like it is starting up (fans turning and lights blinking) but my computer screen doesn't receive any signal. When the screen display comes back, a Windows Error Recovery menu would show up. Any form of help will be appreciated. :smile: Thank you.
karhn Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 09-27-2014 01:17 AM
[SOLVED] Wireless connection problem on desktop?
Hello Everyone. I am new to this forum. I have a PCI wireless card on my desktop(TP-LINK TL-WN353G) and I keep trying to connect to a network but I fail. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. My laptop can connect but desktop cannot. Whenever I connect to a network it says "Unidentified Network" and...
taimurtk100 Networking Support 13 03-18-2011 01:46 PM
My Windows 7 Acer Desktop shuts itself down
My desktop computer has been shutting itself down with no warning since Sunday. Once it shuts down i can't get it to come back on at times. Sometimes it will boot back up after a while and other times it won't. It seems to shut down suddenly with no warning. When I can get it to boot up I have...
Blondmusic Motherboards, Bios & CPU 5 02-18-2011 05:00 AM
[SOLVED] Acer ASPIRE 5520g boot problem (when turned on it turns off)
https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/solved-acer-aspire-5520g-boot-problem-when-turned-on-it-turns-off-415617-2.html Got exact the same problem, i was just working on this laptop when it suddently started restarting without reason, havent tried bios flash or anything and now i can`t...
voovode Laptop Support 3 01-15-2011 01:01 PM