Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8, 8.1 Support

User Tag List

admin permissions

This is a discussion on admin permissions within the Windows 8, 8.1 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just recently when trying to download a game (which ive always done) my computer tells me it cant access file

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #1
Registered Member

Just recently when trying to download a game (which ive always done) my computer tells me it cant access file because i dont have appropriate perms,,,,i have changed no settings or anything like that,,,,,,it just suddenly began happening,

im on an asus notebook running win 8.1.......

help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Try this method: 5 Ways to Run Programs as Administrator in Windows 7 & Windows 8 (scroll down to the 'How to Always Run a Program with Administrator Permissions' section)
Quote:
First, find the program you want to run and its shortcut or main executable. Then, right click on it (or press and hold) to view the right-click menu. Click or tap Properties. In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab. At the bottom, check the box that says "Run this program as administrator" and click or tap OK.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

Just tried that , it doesnt work still same mesg coming up (the run as administrator option) will read the other now.

Oops when I go to that page my pc tells me it contains malware...sheesh now what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Sounds like your antimalware/antivirus program is quarantining the d/l file because it sees something that appears to be malware like a cracking program or similar.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:12 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

To add to what Wrench is saying, many times when you download a file, it ends up in a Temp file, and you cannot install a program to the Temp file. So instead of running the program, Save it to your Desktop and then run it.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member

I always save to desktop and thanks for the advice guys
Closed Thread