Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 8, 8.1 Support

User Tag List

Admin access from standard user for particular program

This is a discussion on Admin access from standard user for particular program within the Windows 8, 8.1 Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi i would like to know is it possible Run a particular program without UAC, I am in a situation

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi i would like to know is it possible Run a particular program without UAC, I am in a situation where a program for datacard always prompts for UAC to allow connection to internet, It works when i log into admin account. But the program always asks for UAC when run from User account,

I tried creating a schedule task for starting the program from Admin account and created a shortcut for the program.

But when i run the shortcut from user account(standard) it says access denied,

System is Windows 8.1

any help on how to disable UAC for standard user for particular program will help a lot,

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2015, 02:12 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

You could probably check the properties of the datacard and select it to "always run in admin mode", like you can for software.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hi thanks for the reply, Done the settings change as requested and still it asks for admin password. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Is it possible to remove the Program and do a re-installation?
As mentioned there should be a check box that can be unticked allowing all users to run the Program. This may only work when installing as an Admin.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:04 PM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther063 View Post
Is it possible to remove the Program and do a re-installation?
As mentioned there should be a check box that can be unticked allowing all users to run the Program. This may only work when installing as an Admin.
Hi the installation was done as a admin and this particular datacard application does not have any thing like "install for all user".

Is there a way we can make this app work for all user ? Or store admin password and make application use the password every time it got opened by user without prompting for password.
Closed Thread