Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Smart Devices > Windows Mobile

User Tag List

Windows RT Surface 32GB - What Do I Do With It?

This is a discussion on Windows RT Surface 32GB - What Do I Do With It? within the Windows Mobile forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. It doesn't boot up. There is no Windows serial code logo on it. It is a brick. A brick with

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

It doesn't boot up. There is no Windows serial code logo on it. It is a brick. A brick with power. What can I do with it? How do I install Windows to it and which OS can it handle? Do I need to buy an OS for it?

Underneath "Surface" are these numbers: 042539523652
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

It runs (used to run) Windows RT, a discontinued operating system developed by Microsoft. It is essentially an edition of Windows 8 built for the 32-bit ARM architecture (ARMv7). ... Unlike Windows 8, Windows RT is only available as pre-loaded software on devices specifically designed for the operating system by OEMs.

More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_RT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_(2012_tablet)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local Area Connection, doesn't have a valid IP configuration
A little preface before I get into my problem. Last night my friend and I were looking to play a game together. After some research and so forth, we determined that Hamachi was the way to play. So we installed and began to play. Fast forward to this morning, and suddenly my ethernet cable no longer...
TTunnell Networking Support 26 05-22-2014 12:04 AM
Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2
Hi Everybody, I have this issue with my computer: Rootkit TR/Sirefef.BP.1 and Rootkit.Gen2 have been detected by Antivir and, though removed, reappear at the PC reboot. Avira RealTime Protection keeps sending alerts, detecting unspecified viruses with access denied. Several of the directories...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 81 03-15-2012 11:19 AM
Bad Image Errors
I'm trying to get rid of some bad image errors and rundll errors during start-up on my windows xp computer. I ran the HiJackThis program and here is the log. I don't know which ones to delete. Please help. How do I avoid this in the future? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan...
Generalpork12 Resolved HJT Threads 15 02-16-2012 03:52 PM